dont_do_it_doug.

The very fact that the Small Heath fans were laughing when we signed him pretty much tells us all we need to know. And the fans I know all said exactly the same thing, plays on the right, only got one foot, always cuts in on his left and very predictable. Never a Premier League player in a million years.

• Haha 1

Their fans weren't laughing they were having a meltdown because they were losing their most creative and probably second best player just behind Che Adams for very little money and Gary Gardner. Smith's bewailed our lack of ability to retain possession which is where this guy could help us out as I don't think we have anyone besides Grealish who's as good as him at keeping hold of the ball.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

If we altered our formation a bit and had Jack in the number 10 position, Jota would be a great back up for him. Out wide he will struggle

He still needs lots of space to be effective though. Very weak physically. If he went into a central role he'd be found out pretty quickly. Press him, loses the ball.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He still needs lots of space to be effective though. Very weak physically. If he went into a central role he'd be found out pretty quickly. Press him, loses the ball.

True, but then he could also play that through ball which we lack. He would be very hot and miss, but then a lot of our players are like that. He seems to click well with Wesley and gets balls to him to run onto.

5 hours ago, CoNnErS said:

The very fact that the Small Heath fans were laughing when we signed him pretty much tells us all we need to know. And the fans I know all said exactly the same thing, plays on the right, only got one foot, always cuts in on his left and very predictable. Never a Premier League player in a million years.

Yet they signed Gary Gardner 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

He was signed as he's much more useful than Gary Gardner. If we hadn't gone up he'd be playing every week and doing pretty well.

I like him, but he's got his limitations certainly. All technique, absolutely no strength or athleticism.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He was signed as he's much more useful than Gary Gardner. If we hadn't gone up he'd be playing every week and doing pretty well.

I like him, but he's got him limitations certainly. All technique, absolutely no strength or athleticism.

Yep, at £4m he's a bargain. Very good squad signing, and in the right kind of match he can be very dangerous. Think he'll get some minutes in the next few games, and cause a few problems.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CoNnErS said:

Jokes on them really, they now have 'Gary Gards' pulling on the shirt.

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Jokes on them really, they now have 'Gary Gards' pulling on the shirt.

Jota did more in that Everton game than Gardner ever did for us, never mind the fact he mainly played in a division below

• Like 1

Good bit of business for 4m I think and a decent squad player to have. Would be worth far more if he had an extra yard of pace but think he is best used in middle particularly when the opposition have a few tired legs in second half of a game. 

He didn't cost anywhere near £4m, we gave them Gary Gardner and made a contribution to his wages, and took over Jota's contract that he had with them, that's why we've only got him on a two year deal.

Â