dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I still think he'd offer more than Hourihane does in the middle (set pieces aside).

The guy has some skills and good passing, just his pace is lacking so on the wings no good but you place in the middle of the field and who knows. 

It's the ole play to a players strengths vibe again and we don't do it, then they fail or we see it in our eyes as they have. We let talent go and they do ace elsewhere, obviously were missing the idea still that they might fit in other areas.

14 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I know lots will disagree but I'd have played him a lot more. My main frustration with the likes of Trezeguet is how cheaply he loses the ball - sure he runs quicker than Jota...just unfortunate it's normally straight into the opposition.

Ball retention is towards the top of my long list of things we need to do far better.

Yeah, it's sad he hasn't been given a few more opportunities.

10 hours ago, AV82 said:

I still think he'd offer more than Hourihane does in the middle (set pieces aside).

Think he might be useful as a sort of forward pivot in the 10 spot where he wouldn't have to beat wingers/fullbacks for pace. Of course, the trouble lately is actually getting the ball to anyone in an attacking position in the first place.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the_eristic said:

Think he might be useful as a sort of forward pivot in the 10 spot where he wouldn't have to beat wingers/fullbacks for pace. Of course, the trouble lately is actually getting the ball to anyone in an attacking position in the first place.

Yeah i think this is a good idea, he should be on the bench a lot more. Bar the Leicester goal, Hassan hes been pretty damn rubbish. Jota has quality ( just no pace or strength) but if we changed our shape there could be room for him.

I wouldn't start him, but if we are chasing a game against a team defending in their box he might find that killer ball to unlock their defense. Games like bournemouth or Southampton for instance. But it seems we won't have many more games like that, so.... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

With so many games coming up games will be played at a slower pace. This might actually suit a player like Jota. He isnt physically capable but has good technical ability 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

With so many games coming up games will be played at a slower pace. This might actually suit a player like Jota. He isnt physically capable but has good technical ability 

Good shout, we are to see alot of our players over the next four games in a short space of time.

He's technically good but not the quickest, hopefully he can do the business when called upon.

One thing from seeing a little of the Bundesliga early on it did seem to have a training ground and slower feel.

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Good shout, we are to see alot of our players over the next four games in a short space of time.

He's technically good but not the quickest, hopefully he can do the business when called upon.

One thing from seeing a little of the Bundesliga early on it did seem to have a training ground and slower feel.

Yeah, in those conditions anyone this can pick out a players run with a diagonal throughball is going to be an asset. 

He had a sports hernia and has since had surgery and hopefully recovered from it. I really hope this means he is a bit quicker and stronger because I imagine it was pure agony for him to play football for a while. If he is back to the jota at Brentford he could be really brilliant off the bench were his lack of speed won't be so worrisome. 

Â