dont_do_it_doug.

Jota need to play with players with same wavelength & understanding, need his teammates to read the gaps / open angles to make runs.. aka KDB & Sterling, Firmino- Salah.. I not suggesting Jota is that good , but such type need these.. Mcggin/Hourihane etc are not fluid type players to play this way , as it seemed only smaller Latin players have such attributes. Maybe bring back O Hare ? 

2 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Jota need to play with players with same wavelength & understanding, need his teammates to read the gaps / open angles to make runs.. aka KDB & Sterling, Firmino- Salah.. I not suggesting Jota is that good , but such type need these.. Mcggin/Hourihane etc are not fluid type players to play this way , as it seemed only smaller Latin players have such attributes. Maybe bring back O Hare ? 

The cult of O’Hare is strong with some of the fan base. I really don’t understand what he has done to warrant any call up to play in the Premier League.

We need a change of formation to bring in Jota, I expect he’ll get his chance soon.

Just now, Elton said:

The cult of O’Hare is strong with some of the fan base. I really don’t understand what he has done to warrant any call up to play in the Premier League.

We need a change of formation to bring in Jota, I expect he’ll get his chance soon.

I hope not he's gash!!

He was MOM against Everton, with those thru pass on the deck for Wesley .. we have not seen any such since his injury.. only left with wing play & occasional Grealish trying to drive from left.. he’s seemed the only creative spark / skill to create chances ,  with Anwar/ Trez often running into dead alleys .. we create nothing last night & still can’t believe we had zero shots on target last night 

15 minutes ago, Elton said:

I’m not sure he’s had a chance to prove if he is ‘gash’ or not yet..

He’ll play on Tuesday anyway, if fit.

He's had plenty of minutes. Weak as piss. I think he's struggled badly so far. 

7 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

He was MOM against Everton, with those thru pass on the deck for Wesley .. we have not seen any such since his injury.. only left with wing play & occasional Grealish trying to drive from left.. he’s seemed the only creative spark / skill to create chances ,  with Anwar/ Trez often running into dead alleys .. we create nothing last night & still can’t believe we had zero shots on target last night 

He wasn't MOTM against Everton! Did you watch the whole match or just the highlights?

DS took a punt on him and it hasn't worked out no biggy as he cost feck all and we off loaded a dirty bluenose is the process.

Just now, zab6359 said:

All depends on how serious DS is taking this cup I suppose. 

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He's had plenty of minutes. Weak as piss. I think he's struggled badly so far. 

262 minutes in the league, less than 3 full games. Seems daft to write players off so soon. Plenty of players need time to find form. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I rate him either, I just haven’t seen enough to pass judgement either way.

On 15/12/2019 at 13:37, zab6359 said:

He wasn't MOTM against Everton! Did you watch the whole match or just the highlights?

DS took a punt on him and it hasn't worked out no biggy as he cost feck all and we off loaded a dirty bluenose is the process.

He was motm or close to it versus Everton, I agree he hasn't replicated that form in other premier matches, but he was excellent against Everton no doubt.

(Yes I did watch the whole match)

I would be tempted to give jota a shot at the AM role (grealish/jota/ghazi or trez- with 2 of , McGinn Conor, Luiz or  nakamba behind them)

For jotas apparent physical issues in the prem, he has passed in his locker that no other player at the club has (other than maybe grealish)

Edited by MaVilla

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I'm feeling a Jota masterclass tonight

He played well tbh, some lovely little passes and played a couple of nice through balls that our players just weren't intelligent enough to predict.

Would like to see him in the central mid position tbh, less reliant on pace and no doubt he has some defence cutting passes in his arsenal.

• Like 1

Â