dont_do_it_doug.

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Jota was the best player on the pitch in either half.  Was unlucky to not get on the scoresheet.  To be honest, we played like garbage and it looked like the first preseason game of the campaign, but we did create a lot of chances.  If our finishing was better, we could have easily scored 6-7 against this garbage side.  No offense to MUFC, but MLS's quality has really been diluted over the past 10 years with all the expansion teams being added to the league.  

To be honest that’s good we won easily but looked very rusty. Will take a good few weeeks to get us back to speed. Some really top goals. Bjarnasson and Lansburys were great

O'kelly and Smith both said in their interviews that they thought he was Premier League quality at Brentford and were amazed a Prem team didn't come in for him so he went to Blues. 

I think they see him as our right winger. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Jota's resemblance to JPA is uncanny in some of those highlights. Yes, his touch is better and he's not constantly straying offside, but his whole demeanour, his busyness and THE HAIR: it's like 2004! 

Was it that long ago? Bloody hell I'm old!

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

To be honest that’s good we won easily but looked very rusty. Will take a good few weeeks to get us back to speed. Some really top goals. Bjarnasson and Lansburys were great

We looked as expected, those cobwebs and rust will shake off in the coming weeks.

Some good signs from those highlights.

A clever thinker in Jota in terms of thinking, movement, awareness etc.

Well done to Lansbury for his goal and what a head by Birkir too, great cross from Bree for him to latch onto.

I noticed alot of fringe players where included which is a good sign.

35 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Jota's resemblance to JPA is uncanny in some of those highlights. Yes, his touch is better and he's not constantly straying offside, but his whole demeanour, his busyness and THE HAIR: it's like 2004! 

You're not wrong.

He reminds me of him too and he is now what I thought we where going to see from JPA when he arrived, sadly it took him a while to get going here. Good to see Jota is looking straight out the traps so soon. Even by those highlights he looked worth more than the £4m we've got him for. Good business.

• Like 1

I'm glad to see the forum warming to him a bit. His stats in a very very bad SHA side were good, he got 3 goals and 9 assists last season in a side that weren't exactly helping him out much at all. He's going to flourish in a better squad. 

His pass to Wesley would have been an assist on another day, it was quality. He only played 45 minutes, but was likely one of the best players in the whole match. The signs are there that he'll be a great winger for us this coming season. 

• Like 2

Loved watching him 1st half, thought him and Jack can become something a bit special in our midfield.  I almost thought he played even better slightly in field rather than the wing, with him and Jack just behind the striker.  Not sure how this would work in the system because that would mean another right winger and if Luiz will be DM then McGinn would drop out.  Thats scares me as McGinn has been fantastic but as usual, twists and turns will always happen throughout the season.  Anyway it's looking good the options we are starting to have now and I enjoyed watching Jota.

Didn't start well but grew on me as the game went on.

Seemed to have a good connection with Jack. If he can handle the pace of the game in Premier League remains to be seen but yesterday was promising.

Edited by villalad21

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We looked as expected, those cobwebs and rust will shake off in the coming weeks.

Some good signs from those highlights.

A clever thinker in Jota in terms of thinking, movement, awareness etc.

Well done to Lansbury for his goal and what a head by Birkir too, great cross from Bree for him to latch onto.

I noticed alot of fringe players where included which is a good sign.

You're not wrong.

He reminds me of him too and he is now what I thought we where going to see from JPA when he arrived, sadly it took him a while to get going here. Good to see Jota is looking straight out the traps so soon. Even by those highlights he looked worth more than the £4m we've got him for. Good business.

The cross for BB's goal was from Green. 

Agree with the rest of your post 👍

• Like 1

Â