dont_do_it_doug.

Whilst I like Jota and think he is good enough to start. I’m seeing a lot of posters who previously saw him as a squad player now thinking he is a starter due to one friendly appearance. 

I wouldn’t judge the players too much  from any of the friendlies lads.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst I like Jota and think he is good enough to start. I’m seeing a lot of posters who previously saw him as a squad player now thinking he is a starter due to one friendly appearance. 

I'm holding out judgment on his suitability to start until I've seen any other wingers we bring in. Judging by what I've seen so far though, him cutting in from the wing would be the perfect foil to Guilbert's tendency to hug the touchline. Seeing as Guilbert is pretty much nailed on as a starter, I think Jota has a fair shot at staying regularly.

Plus, in terms of age, he's at his physical prime. It's probably the best shot he'll ever have.

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just the same as those writing off Wesley. 

Right mid is up for grabs and at the moment he is pole by default. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmyg said:

Just the same as those writing off Wesley. 

Right mid is up for grabs and at the moment he is pole by default. 

I know our fans have a reputation for being absolute morons but are they really doing that? Based on a friendly they didn't watch. In which he looked decent enough. 

26 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I know our fans have a reputation for being absolute morons but are they really doing that? Based on a friendly they didn't watch. In which he looked decent enough. 

I haven’t seen it on here to be fair.... but there are comments on a couple of facebook groups (which are notorious for bell end comments anyway) saying just that. 

Edited by Jimmyg

29 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Seems a few thought he had a bad attitude because he exchanged views with Hourihane about a pass he thought should have gone somewhere else!

16 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Seems a few thought he had a bad attitude because he exchanged views with Hourihane about a pass he thought should have gone somewhere else!

Lol FFS. 

I watched the Villa View Petrov interview the other day. Apparently Milner would dig people out for poor training sessions. 

Last thing we need is a James Milner type attitude. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This. It's the same every year with the preseason friendlies. If we win one at a canter, our new signings are superstars who are going to destroy all opposition; if we lose one, they are hopeless donkeys we shouldn't have wasted money on. 

Friendlies are there for fitness training and experimenting, no more, no less. The results DON'T MEAN A THING. They have no bearing whatsoever on how we will perform when the season proper kicks off. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I know our fans have a reputation for being absolute morons but are they really doing that?

Don't think it's happening too much really. Probably is on Facebook and Twitter, but I don't listen idiots on there.

People might comment on a performance, positive or negative, and others, instead of adding to the debate leap to CALM DOWN LET'S NOT GET CARRIED AWAY!

Forums are for discussion I reckon 😃

I didn't stay up to watch the game but i was working with a sha fan today so I told him i watched it. I said Jota completely ran the show and reminded of David Silva, albeit with a bit more pace. 

I don't like telling porkies but it's worth it to see the bast##ds sulk :crylaugh:

Edited by av1

On 19/07/2019 at 09:28, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well if he doesn't start we had better sign some one better. I was hoping for Benrahma or some young overseas winger that can play as a forward too.

I had him down as a squad player but these last TWO appearances he has shown a level above everyone else barring Guilbert.

29 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I might fancy a bit of Hassan on the left and Jota on the right.....

Wesley through the middle.

And blues are chuffin shite.

(To the tune of Yellow submarine)

• Haha 1

Â