dont_do_it_doug.

He looked really good to me, and I watched the whole game.

As expected, he’s much more of a ‘cut inside and play a through-ball/ pass/ left-footed cross’ right winger, and he seemed quite reluctant to cross or link passes with his right foot. He had that one shot with his right, which was just lashed in the direction of the goal, but I think we’ll see him as a fairly one-footed player, much like Downing was for us.

Hopefully that doesn’t result in teams figuring out how to nullify him, but as others have said, he looks good.

His pure ability and vision on the ball will really help with the way that Smith wants us to play.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Enda said:

I know it was only a pre-season game against a Division 4 side, but he looked like a 10 million pound player.

Like Carlos Gil, but not crap.

Carles Gil was never crap in fairness.

Only scored beauties as well

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

2m...

That's what I inferred from the information I came across. The transfer "package" was seemingly somewhere around £4m but that included Gardner, who surprisingly actually had a monetary value in the deal that was knocked off what we paid for Jota. :crylaugh:It's already looking like deal of the season after only 45 mins and this time next year, when the filth have dropped another division, we'll view it as deal of the decade.

• Haha 1

Looking at how well jota played, if we signed another winger personally I wouldn't like to say who gets a slot first out of El Ghazi and Jota.

They are different players but I really like jota's playing style.

Maybe they will suit different specific matches, different opponents etc.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

They are different players but I really like jota's playing style.

This is an important fact. I don't think it will be a case of the better player playing, I think it'll be which style of player would be best against that opposition, or give options off the bench. If El Ghazi finds himself against a quick left back he may not have much luck getting past him, so bring on Jota to drift inside and exploit a possible positional weakness in that player.

I like the contrast of Anwar's direct pacy style on the left with Jota's more methodical, intricate style on the right. Based on yesterday's showing, I wouldn't mind Jota being our starting right winger one bit. It's like the return of Carles Gil, except with pace.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

If Guilbert is as attacking as he was last night, Jota cutting inside leaves a lot of space for Guilbert

Bingo. If you didn't see the game then you might not know we split the team in 2 last night. 

Guilbert and Jota are made for each other.

Targett , Grealish and Anwar will work the ball on the left flank pretty well too.

When Wes finds his feet we will be fun to watch.

• Like 3

Not only did his play look brilliant but everytime he appeared on screen all I could see was Ricky Villa. 

He even had a wrist sweatband for goodness sake. I felt age 7 again and for that reason I will always love this ex blues hairy man. 

And if @Shropshire Lad doesn't acknowledge my new Avatar soon I will change it back. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â