dont_do_it_doug.

With this and the Hause £3mill deal I think I detect a little bit of boxing clever - almost Brentford-esque. These particular two players may not be world beaters but could quite possibly go on to have long careers at the highest level. 

• Like 1

The contract length is the only weird part of this signing but it again speaks to the club being smart with signings and now giving stupid contracts to plays (Sherwood signing Richards and Lescott springs to mind!) 

I know GG has gone to Blues but he's a real disappointment for me. Thought he had real potential but injuries seem to have really set him back. 

Anyway, welcome Jota! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Starting to get a really good feeling about this signing. Not really sure why though haha

When you think about having options to rotate, options in the bench, thats the good feeling.

Last season we used to argue who’s worse Adomah or Green? (I’m not writing Green off but he needs a proper loan this season).

Or getting Kodjia and play him in wing because our lack of wingers?

We all remember when El Ghazi, Grealish and Bolasie had their great form in Dean’s early days.

Jota himself is an upgrade on everything we have. When you think he’s only a squad player (with a chance for him to up his game and earn his place). All of that is exciting.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Me when people start banging on about bloody beards. 

bored jack nicholson GIF

The under 30’s at work who talk about their beard shortcomings, get wound up by me being able to grow a full beard of long stubble in a couple of days but then choosing to shave it off. They honestly think beards have always been popular and look clueless when I tell them that for decades before they were teenagers, beards were mostly grown by a few old blokes and tramps.

• Haha 3

Shrewd business, this. Both sides of the equation. Damn I’m looking forward to next season already, knowing that we’ve just started with the rebuilding and we’ve got some decent decision makers at the club.

4 hours ago, brommy said:

The under 30’s at work who talk about their beard shortcomings, get wound up by me being able to grow a full beard of long stubble in a couple of days but then choosing to shave it off. They honestly think beards have always been popular and look clueless when I tell them that for decades before they were teenagers, beards were mostly grown by a few old blokes and tramps.

Alright, no need to brag 😂😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Good signing because he will help the new Spanish players settle.

Hope they will be better than Angel Crespo and Antonio Luna...

I've always had the feeling that it's difficult to sign good Spanish players because Barca and Real snap all of them up at an early age. There are some exeptions, like Liverpool buying Xavi Alonso and Torres and Man City buying David Silva, but both of them cost quite a lot of money and went to teams at the top of the league.

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I've always had the feeling that it's difficult to sign good Spanish players because Barca and Real snap all of them up at an early age. There are some exeptions, like Liverpool buying Xavi Alonso and Torres and Man City buying David Silva, but both of them cost quite a lot of money and went to teams at the top of the league.

Maybe we didn't even try tbh. Gil was playing for Eibar in the second division when we bought him (yes, on loan from Valencia, but I doubt they were sad to see him go) — I know nothing about Crespo though. There are good players in La Liga.

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Theres been loads of good Spanish players playing in England. I can’t believe you could only think of three and called them exceptions! 

Have a think mate. 

Â