dont_do_it_doug.

Just re-watched the highlights of when they beat us 3-0 at their place.  If memory serves, we had just signed Hogan and I remember thinking we had defo got the wrong player as Jota tore us apart (along with Woods in CM).  

20 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Just re-watched the highlights of when they beat us 3-0 at their place.  If memory serves, we had just signed Hogan and I remember thinking we had defo got the wrong player as Jota tore us apart (along with Woods in CM).  

What a shit team though. Thor Lansbury Hourihane in the middle of a 433

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

What a shit team though. Thor Lansbury Hourihane in the middle of a 433

We were trying to shoehorn all the new signings into the team too fast and we got ripped apart. Can't remember if it was that one specifically but one of the Brentford games (the 1-1 the following season maybe) was up there with the FA Cup final as the worst game I've seen from Villa.

On 21/07/2019 at 21:41, KentVillan said:

It's a tragedy that this lad has wasted two of the prime years of his football career playing for that joke club.

Not really. He wasn't on our radar then and look how much money it's saved us. :crylaugh:

• Like 3

On 21/07/2019 at 13:22, Zatman said:

Monk is a hoofball merchant though

He got his coaching badges with Sherwood...  I can just imagine those two knuckleheads sitting in the back of the class trying to debate "tactics" with the FA course instructor over the finer points of 4-4-2 hoofball.  

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

We were trying to shoehorn all the new signings into the team too fast and we got ripped apart. Can't remember if it was that one specifically but one of the Brentford games (the 1-1 the following season maybe) was up there with the FA Cup final as the worst game I've seen from Villa.

We've got beaten by them 3-0 (after getting Hogan) then 2-1, then 1-0. All at their place. Drew 3 times 1-1 then 0-0 finally 2-2 at our place. (although not sure about the 1-1).

I would like to know how many times Brentford was mentioned this summer? lol

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Very nice. Going to be difficult to to leave him out, been the stand out player of preseason. Terrific purchase.

Think the problem we have is simply where do we play him? I don't think he is a winger, as others have said he's like a poor mans Mata, probably will flourish best playing centrally however maybe Jack would be better off out wide as he looks faster and stronger than ever.

Â