dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

2 year deal means we aren't going to be in the shit if he doesn't work out.

Smith knows him, Jesus knows him, they must know what he's capable of, he's keen to work with Smith again. Even if he doesn't make it as a starter, the outlay for him and the fact we need another dozen bodies in makes this a great little first move of the summer for me.

Let me guess, he’s his hairdresser?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

What's wrong with Spanish people?

It was your weird comment that made me say it! I live in Madrid and don't expect many of the Spanish people I know expect me to teach kids Spanish. That wouldn't make any sense. Y esta. 

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Pretty common for people to teach languages that aren't their mother tongue. Bigger question is why Nigel's kids don't speak English. 

This happens of course but his English definitely isn't good enough! Having said that in Madrid they have bilingual schools though and a lot of the Spanish teachers teaching science history and so on in English (to improve general levels of English nationwide they don't teach these in Spanish) can have about a good a level as he has. For now anyway. I think the idea is that the teachers have passed the advanced exam but it is definitely not the case in practice. 

Also, yep poor Nigel's kid.

Edited by praisedmambo

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Some of the FB posts slating this signing are embarrassing

F B is full of words removed. If it wasn't for being a scrabble addict I'd shut mine down.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

It was your weird comment that made me say it! I live in Madrid and don't expect many of the Spanish people I know expect me to teach kids Spanish. That wouldn't make any sense. Y esta. 

Who’s this Y esta bloke? Any good? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yep. Wah wah signing championship players not good enough etc etc

You and I both know 90 percent of them on those groups are either 12, clueless, or bored and just looking to ruffle feathers. I have to try with all my will to not go off on some of the absolute nonsense posted.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You and I both know 90 percent of them on those groups are either 12, clueless, or bored and just looking to ruffle feathers. I have to try with all my will to not go off on some of the absolute nonsense posted.

Mostly clueless the ones that bag a player because he's from a championship team and probably never even seen him play

Edited by Kiwivillan

If Smith can get him back to his Brentford form it's a solid signing and a big upgrade on Gary Gardner.

Signed on a two year deal is a sensible bit of business also.

Enjoyed him when he played for us, tricky little player with some dazzling footwork at times, good vision, soon became a fans favourite, we made a few bob on him, as we do with all our players, never really went that well for him at Brum, scoring under 10 goals in 2 years I think, hopefully DS will get the best out of him, will be a good impact squad player to bring on, the downside is he is only one footed and can't/won't track back and tackle, but I hope it goes well for him and you.

Edited by jonjon
  • Thanks 2

Â