dont_do_it_doug.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing that the owners sold Jota behind the back of Monk (it seems).

Are they mad or something?, selling probably theirbest or second best player to their biggest rivals behind the back of their manager in return for Gardner and chump change?, then sacking their manager?

Oh boy oh boy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Amazing that the owners sold Jota behind the back of Monk (it seems).

Are they mad or something?, selling probably theirbest or second best player to their biggest rivals behind the back of their manager in return for Gardner and chump change?, then sacking their manager?

Oh boy oh boy.

definite something dodgy going on at the club

26 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I still can't believe we got this guy for £2m and got rid of Gardner at the same time. 

🤣

Totally. It’s like bending over to pick up a fiver and finding a tenner in your back pocket.

24 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Totally. It’s like bending over to pick up a fiver and finding a tenner in your back pocket.

You found money in your back pocket while bending over? How could you do that? Are you made of slinkies?

• Haha 3

These stats may require checking (I was sent them by a frustrated blues mate so apologies if wrong) however if accurate his chance creation last season compared to Grealish and Hourihane make this signing look even better value.

Chances created from set pieces; Grealish (18), Hourihane (40) and Jota (45).

Chances created from open play; Grealish (60), Hourihane (30) and Jota (37).

Minutes per created chance; Grealish (38.4), Hourihane (47.4) and Jota (35).

Maybe he is here to start on the right after all and not just be a squad player 🤔

2 minutes ago, Ken The Villan said:

These stats may require checking (I was sent them by a frustrated blues mate so apologies if wrong) however if accurate his chance creation last season compared to Grealish and Hourihane make this signing look even better value.

Maybe he is here to start on the right after all and not just be a squad player 🤔

Either way he's a good player, we are extremely light on left and right wingers so regardless we are likely to see at least one more come in, possibly 2.

So will wait and see?, I think he's more likely to be a versatile squad member.

On 01/07/2019 at 23:15, Ken The Villan said:

I think he is. Not sure why some are underrating him so much

8 hours ago, AV82 said:

Like most I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be a very shrewd signing. I'm excited to see him play.

If for some reason we sold him in January we would probably get triple what we paid(sadly not 3 Gary Gardners in return) . Jota will probably be one of the lowest Premier League transfers of the season 

Fine piece of business

• Like 1

Â