dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Think the problem we have is simply where do we play him? I don't think he is a winger, as others have said he's like a poor mans Mata, probably will flourish best playing centrally however maybe Jack would be better off out wide as he looks faster and stronger than ever.

He's going to play as he is tonight. He isn't a winger. He'll move inside and create space for Guilbert to go past him. Trezeguet will do likewise with Targett out left. This is how Smith has wanted to play all along. He's only starting to mould this team how he wants it to play now.

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's an inside forward no? Where he's playing today. 

That's what I mean, he isn't a winger, we've just signed a very good winger who will be trying to stake a place there. It would be nice to have some selection headaches to be fair 

first half vs walsall, 2 goals and 1 assist, intricate little passes, and he isnt slow....he ran like a wabbit at one point, i think its that he glides on the ball like jack and doesnt appear to fast (like jack), but when jotas in full stride chasing a ball hes pretty nippy tbh.

to be fair, i can see him being a nailed on starter on the right, hes wonderful when he comes inside and links with jack/wesley, wonderful player.

I think the left side will be the debate (trez vs el ghazi).

Jota is class, love him already.

5 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Think the problem we have is simply where do we play him? I don't think he is a winger, as others have said he's like a poor mans Mata, probably will flourish best playing centrally however maybe Jack would be better off out wide as he looks faster and stronger than ever.

Maybe on the right of a midfield 3?  Grealish, McGinn, Jota?

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Read on the BBC that Jota was a exchange deal. Please tell me that we just swapped him for Gardner?! What a steal!

gardner plus 4m i think.

still....total day light robbery.

money run GIF by Juan Billy

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Maybe on the right of a midfield 3?  Grealish, McGinn, Jota?

hes an inside winger/forward and will do just fine there, he will cut inside and create space for Guilbert out wide, also Mcginn plays on the right of the centre 3 midfield, so as jota comes in, guilbert can find space and mcginn can also drift out wide if needed, if you watch back last season you will note mcginn does drift to the right a lot, its just switching positions as required, just modern football tbh, drift, create space, create overloads.

although, i also have no doubt jota could play in jacks role (if jack wasnt playing).

Edited by MaVilla

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's been excellent in pre-season. Neat, tidy, creative, lively and threatening.

I still don't think he'll be a starter - that says more about the club than him.

Who do you think starts instead of him. I think Jota will start away at spurs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

How the hell did he get on the end of that move after starting it?

There’s only one explanation. In Bernard’s Watch, Bernard must go to Spain on holiday. Then I assume he sent a decoy back in his place, got a fake passport by giving hand-relief to a back-alley gangster and then spent the rest of his life as a Spaniard learning football and finally using the watch to a real advantage, so that one day he could sign for a decent club and score an incredible goal.

Edit: I’ve rewound the goal, and he just ran. My bad.

Edited by Rob182
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

first half vs walsall, 2 goals and 1 assist, intricate little passes, and he isnt slow....he ran like a wabbit at one point, i think its that he glides on the ball like jack and doesnt appear to fast (like jack), but when jotas in full stride chasing a ball hes pretty nippy tbh.

to be fair, i can see him being a nailed on starter on the right, hes wonderful when he comes inside and links with jack/wesley, wonderful player.

I think the left side will be the debate (trez vs el ghazi).

Jota is class, love him already.

sarcastic saturday night live GIF

• Haha 2

Â