Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, johnny from donny said:

Wondering if we can win 10 in a roe again with the new additions

Not a chance.

4 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Actually I have being thinking of this SLAMMED shut. Nobody slams a window or for that matter, actually enters through a window. The transfer window should be firmly closed but never slammed. If however the transfer window had shutters, they could be brought down and at a stretch slammed shut.

Now a door, that’s a different matter altogether, that can definitely be slammed shut. It can also be revolving, which is always handy in discussions about managers. However it should never be sliding or patio and of course heaven forbid French.

Then whilst on the topic of doors the opportunity then arises, with a little license and for those of us old enough to remember, to introduce Diana Dors who was always magnificent up front. 

The only story I can remember about Diana Dors was when she was on some promotional stuff opening supermarkets etc. Her real name was Diana Fluck. The guy who introduced her was in a right tizzy. Didn't want to make the obvious mistake with her name, this was before she changed to Dors. She was a bit late and he was really flustered. Don't get the name wrong he kept telling himself. Any way she finally turned up, he was so relieved he went on the podium and said

Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome Diana Clunt

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Oh dear, slipping down the first page now. Might not make it to 1000 pages. 

We need fish puns, and we need them NOW!

Can't help thinking we've dropped a right pollock by not getting Benrahma ad another striker in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

We need to come up with a song about our magnificent window including all 12 signings, giving Jack a payrise, extending mcginn and getting rid of unnecessary players. 

How about this one?

15 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think it's kinda cool. They trust the players which got them promoted which is not a bad thing. 

To be fair they crushed the championship last year so they probably are good enough to survive. 

Maybe they should not have.  4 - 0 at half time ... Ooops

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

John Percy wrote an article on our summer transfer dealings but it's behind a paywall. Has it been posted at all?

I’ll post it if it’s not against site rules. Mods? 

Edit: Some interesting points (paraphrased).

We signed some players who’d we’ve been watching (A LOT) since December. 

Engels has been on Smith’s radar since his time at Brentford.

Trez was Elmo’s recommendation. 

The idea of us “Doing a Fulham” is misinformed.

Luiz work permit complexity probably put other clubs off, but we saw it as a great opportunity to get a highly rated player.

Marvelous is someone we’ve watched for ages and tried to buy in Jan.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Luiz work permit complexity probably put other clubs off, but we saw it as a great opportunity to get a highly rated player.

I like 🙂

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

John Percy wrote an article on our summer transfer dealings but it's behind a paywall. Has it been posted at all?

I’m buggered if I’m going to pay  to read an article about the summer transfer window. 😡

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The season is famously over in August

It'll be over for them at Christmas if they are as naive as they were tonight again. It's not getting tanked by the top 3 or 4 they need to worry about, it's everybody around them rubbing their hands at the thought of playing them.

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

He also mentioned that the club put in a 12 million pound bid for Adam Webster the day after the playoff final, but didn't want to pay the 25 million pound valuation, so we went with Engels instead.  Key points on the amount of extensive scouting we've done since Suso came on board.  

There is a full transcript over on the avfc subreddit.   

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He also mentioned that the club put in a 12 million pound bid for Adam Webster the day after the playoff final, but didn't want to pay the 25 million pound valuation, so we went with Engels instead.  Key points on the amount of extensive scouting we've done since Suso came on board.  

There is a full transcript over on the avfc subreddit.   

Can we put this up rather than go offside?? I'd like to read that