Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, privateer said:

:lol: TBF, from the admittedly little I've seen of Nakamba we should run a sweep on which of him and SJM gets to the ban threshold first, how many bans they get and the individual number of reds and yellows they accrue across the season.

I've a worrying feeling that Wesley will take up that particular challenge as well.

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

In Wesley we trust it seems.

In Kodjia we have a wild card with international experience who may thrive given the opportunity.

In Davis we have a big guy who can hold up a ball... Sorry, we have two strikers at this club and Davis. I hope/wish I was wrong but Davis will make Heskey look prolific. He's a striker who doesn't score and has never suggested he can even at Championship level. He'll eventually leave Villa having scored fewer than ten goals in his whole career with us.

Do you know what - I'm going to trust Dean and the team's judgement on how Davis is developing. If they thought he wasn't up to being back up, he would be gone. They think he is, so let's see, eh? 

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I genuinely have no idea. Would love to ask him that question.

I don't think he specifically desires one over the other.

I saw Dean say in an interview that he doesn't look at size, just ability, I'm sure that's not entirely true but it makes sense overall.

The only striker Deano has signed at vila is Wesley, who just happens to be huge, Dean said that Wesley was proposed to him by suso, Smith then took a look and said yes please, I don't think he cared that he was big or not, just that he was proposed and Dean liked him?

All the other strikers Dean has worked with at villa were there before he joined so he effectively just worked with what he had?

I'm sure if Deano liked a smaller striker and not Wesley he would have bought that player, he must have seen Wesley and thought....yep he suits how I want to play.

Edited by MaVilla

27 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Firstly, Don't forget we lost Tammy and Axel..... Still a very good swap though.

Secondly, I like replying

to posts 

like this 

as

we

get

nearer 

to 

the 

page 

mark

p.s

before the lockdown :flag:

G
R
A
S
S
H
O
P
P
E
R

W
O
U
L
D

A
P
P
R
O
V
E

O
F

T
H
I
S

(I miss @Grasshopper)

X

36 -7

RB 45 7XL

etc

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c3acf5da7577d49b83

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

So O’Hare is sticking around as a squad option unless a League One or Two team comes in for him on loan. Interesting

Yeah, him and Davis could foreseeably get some games in the big time, massive opportunity for them.

Just now, romavillan said:

Yeah, him and Davis could foreseeably get some games in the big time, massive opportunity for them.

I’m a big fan of them both, so I’m really pleased with that. Although, considering the midfield options we have already, I hope O’Hare doesn’t end up seeing fleeting 89th minute appearances.

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I’m a big fan of them both, so I’m really pleased with that. Although, considering the midfield options we have already, I hope O’Hare doesn’t end up seeing fleeting 89th minute appearances.

There's the league cup too, I don't think Smith will see much use in a 2 or 3 minute cameo either. Looks like Davis was kept for a reason if 6 clubs wanted him. Same might be true of O'Hare. His best position is a second supporting striker, behind a proper 9 so he's going to have to play centrally as an attacking midfielder in the current system or when we want a slightly different shape...

If Smith doesn't think that Green will get any game time, then O'Hare isn't likely to get any game time either, as Green is much better than him. The reason he won't have gone to a championship club is because none will have been in for him, if they had have then he would have gone to them. He needs to go on loan to a league one side.

3 hours ago, useless said:

I'd be happy with Sturridge on a short term deal, and sensible wages. Seems almost arrogant the way people turn their noses up at him, I wonder if some might be in for a reality check when the season begins, and it's a lot tougher than they're expecting if they think we can be so dismissive of a player like Sturridge.

Because it wouldn’t be a short term deal or on sensible wages

17 minutes ago, useless said:

If Smith doesn't think that Green will get any game time, then O'Hare isn't likely to get any game time either, as Green is much better than him. The reason he won't have gone to a championship club is because none will have been in for him, if they had have then he would have gone to them. He needs to go on loan to a league one side.

Some players are like a sponge, they just need to be around great players to improve their game and maybe O'Hare is one of them. Green could be someone that needs minutes on the pitch to improve so we sent him out, but we don't know if the same is true for O'Hare. This is something only Smith and his team would know, and I assume given they didn't ship him out that he will benefit from staying at Villa.

9 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Some players are like a sponge, they just need to be around great players to improve their game and maybe O'Hare is one of them. Green could be someone that needs minutes on the pitch to improve so we sent him out, but we don't know if the same is true for O'Hare. This is something only Smith and his team would know, and I assume given they didn't ship him out that he will benefit from staying at Villa.

I think he's had no takers higher than league 1 and therefore they haven't bothered to ship him out. I think last season proved he got better as his loan spell went on and I can't see any reason why Carlisle wouldn't want him back? Unless maybe he didn't want to go back and move that far away. 

Could be good to see the younger players at Walsall / Coventry / Oxford or similar.