Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Our lack of pace is a bit worrying.

McGinn can run for days, but apart from Trezeguet we are pretty slow-ish.

And since we will play on the counter a fair bit it's not ideal.

Really could have used a speedy wide attacker/forward in the rotation.

I imagine we will sign one in January

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

After Kodjia's epic cameo yesterday I do feel that a short-term move for Sturridge wouldn't be a bad idea.

I think Sturbridge as back up would be a good call. 

I would bring Ribery in on a short term deal. He will be useful in improving our current wingers. Sturridge on a pay as you play and score and pay us back if you gets injured deal is attractive 😂.

Edited by Sulberto21

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I would bring Ribery in on a short term deal. He will be useful in improving our current wingers. Sturridge on a pay as you play and score and pay us back if you gets injured deal is attractive 😂.

Hi Tim!

https://www.marca.com/futbol/celta/2019/08/12/5d514717ca47412f038b4588.html

Reports in Spanish press say we had  €10m offer for left-winger Sisto accepted but player turned it down. Celta pissed off he didn't accept it as he's not in their plans.

Friend of mine who works in football describes him as 'talented but completely off the rails'. 

23 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

Reports in Spanish press say we had  €10m offer for left-winger Sisto accepted but player turned it down. Celta pissed off he didn't accept it as he's not in their plans.

Friend of mine who works in football describes him as 'talented but completely off the rails'. 

He is lightning quick and good dribbler though bit headless on the ball from games I saw

10 hours ago, chips'ngravy said:

He's been at Celta a few years now. Had a really good first season but fell out of favour last year, most of Celta players bar Iago Aspas were rubbish in fairness, club that lacked lots of direction and only stayed up on last day.

Danish international and direct winger so the sort who I'd think would go well in premier league with some guidance and would've been happy to see us sign him.

When you see how much Brentford want for this Brenhama guy getting him for 7-8m would've been an Engels type deal.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chips'ngravy said:

TBH, it doesn't sound like the kind of acquisition we're targeting. There's a big emphasis on character and so far we've shown no indication of any interest in re-railing derailed talent.

And I'm fine with that. There's enough talent out there and we have enough resources to buy stable, quality players rather than gambling on mining the talent seams of mavericks.

There's one phrase that is used to describe some players that absolutely gives me the shits: "Unplayable on his day". I could go my whole life long happy if Villa never sign another UOHiD waster.

Fortunately, I think the management have a similar aversion to the mercurial and value 9/10 consistent quality. Where a player puts in a 7 rating for nine games out of ten with one dud performance over a 1/10 stellar where a player gives one 10 rating (UOHiD) and nine 5 ratings with his load then having to be picked up by others.

Oi vey, I really like Sisto. Even if you're purely looking at him as a your man from the bench to do some madness in a game that's winding down. 

I don't know where these rumours of him being "off the rails" stem from, everything I've ever read about him suggest he has a very strong work ethic. Such at this Guardian article: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/02/pione-sisto-uganda-born-dane-who-worked-harder-than-his-team-mates

In 2014, when Glen Riddersholm was a youth coach at FC Midtjylland, there was this player with an insatiable desire to improve. “It is very rare, even in an elite environment, that you find someone with as much determination as Pione Sisto,” Riddersholm told Jyllands-Posten back then. “Pione is just unique in the way that he takes himself and his talent very seriously.”

Continued...

Will be interesting to see if we go back in for him in January. I imagine not as he has already turned the move down, so a shame for me and the club. 

59 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Danish winger turning down a move to the PL seems odd. Feels like Scandinavians usually do alright here.

Probably would have doubled his salary as well.

But I'd rather live in Spain thou, and for young players up here La Liga is just as bit a draw as the PL. Most kids growing up in Sweden at least have Real or Barca as favorite clubs rather than Plop or Manure like it used to be 20-30 years ago