Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Let’s sign balotelli and get Barry back into the villa fold as a coach or something. 

(Sort of Joking about mad mario btw just wanted to push us closer to 1000 pages) 

It's funny but I have a hunch that Dean and Balotelli would get on quite well.  He's more likely to stay fit than Sturridge at least.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's funny but I have a hunch that Dean and Balotelli would get on quite well.  He's more likely to stay fit than Sturridge at least.

He’s a proven & class goalscorer in his prime with an ok injury record... has he had any recent misdemeanours ? Not advocating signing him especially as he doesn’t suit our new ethos and the identity we are trying successfully to implement so far. He doesn’t fit the be a good teammate mantra. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Balotelli would be interesting :)

He might actually thrive having someone like Mings to keep him under control.  Depending on the cost he might be worth a gamble.   This is just that I would enjoy having a total wildcard in our pack.

Something I liked about yesterday (Might have been mentioned before!) was that Early on we knew we wasnt getting our main targets or even a back up plans, but we didnt panic and drag a Simon Dawkins out the bag instead said ok thats it.

Makes you really feel that they do have their shite together and a master plan.

1 hour ago, Gillz said:

Can we change the title of the thread to 'Slammed shut' rather than 'closed'?

Agreed, transfer windows can only ever slam shut. They are incapable of closing. It is known. 

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Let’s sign balotelli and get Barry back into the villa fold as a coach or something. 

(Sort of Joking about mad mario btw just wanted to push us closer to 1000 pages) 

Barry has signed for baggies again, I think

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I actually awoke this morning to the tune of, " we've got John McGinn, super John McGinn ".

still our best signing.

1 hour ago, NIVillan said:

Balotelli would be interesting :)

He might actually thrive having someone like Mings to keep him under control.  Depending on the cost he might be worth a gamble.   This is just that I would enjoy having a total wildcard in our pack.

How do you propose Mings keeps him under control? Have him as a lodger and chaperone him when he goes out? :lol:

Beyond helping Bolotelli get on the training bib correctly after Smith has handed it to him, he won't be able to control anything.

3 hours ago, Gillz said:

Can we change the title of the thread to 'Slammed shut' rather than 'closed'?

Actually I have being thinking of this SLAMMED shut. Nobody slams a window or for that matter, actually enters through a window. The transfer window should be firmly closed but never slammed. If however the transfer window had shutters, they could be brought down and at a stretch slammed shut.

Now a door, that’s a different matter altogether, that can definitely be slammed shut. It can also be revolving, which is always handy in discussions about managers. However it should never be sliding or patio and of course heaven forbid French.

Then whilst on the topic of doors the opportunity then arises, with a little license and for those of us old enough to remember, to introduce Diana Dors who was always magnificent up front. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Actually I have being thinking of this SLAMMED shut. Nobody slams a window or for that matter, actually enters through a window. The transfer window should be firmly closed but never slammed. If however the transfer window had shutters, they could be brought down and at a stretch slammed shut.

Now a door, that’s a different matter altogether, that can definitely be slammed shut. It can also be revolving, which is always handy in discussions about managers. However it should never be sliding or patio and of course heaven forbid French.

Then whilst on the topic of doors the opportunity then arises, with a little license and for those of us old enough to remember, to introduce Diana Dors who was always magnificent up front. 

For virtually every pathetic cliche in football (and there are hundreds) I recommend this book. Very phunnay.

51FS2-71P+L._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 2