Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

13 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

I suspect we will see at least 3 or 4 leave in the next few weeks. None of which are likely to get a game if they're still here:

• Bjarnson
  • Kilinic (If we get another keeper)
  • Hogan
  • Bree

Also, don't be surprised if Jacob Ramsey gets a chance to shine in pre-season. Exciting player.

Bree is currently a starting centre half - I reckon he's safe for a few weeks yet.

With how threadbare our squad is, I have a feeling that we might keep Bjarnason and Bree around for another year.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

With how threadbare our squad is, I have a feeling that we might keep Bjarnason and Bree around for another year.

God Help us...the way i see it is we need at the very least 6 new signings this window if we are to even contemplate competing at any type of level in the premier league

8 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

God Help us...the way i see it is we need at the very least 6 new signings this window if we are to even contemplate competing at any type of level in the premier league

I think we need GK, LB, CB, CB, DM, DM, RW, LW, CF to have a complete squad. Other than perhaps Kalinic I'd then like us to replace anyone that leaves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Everything I've seen this dude post has come true. Either pure luck or he has serious contacts. Probably the former.

How I want this one to happen, £14m would be an absolute bargain.

That's why £14m is unlikely to be enough, when £20-£30m is currently the asking price for any signings that we want to make from Championship clubs.

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we need GK, LB, CB, CB, DM, DM, RW, LW, CF to have a complete squad. Other than perhaps Kalinic I'd then like us to replace anyone that leaves.

yeah, mind boggling what we need really.......

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John said:

That's why £14m is unlikely to be enough, when £20-£30m is currently the asking price for any signings that we want to make from Championship clubs.

20-30m is the asking price because these clubs do not want to sell. Keeping their player is more important to them then the money we are offering. 

Mings on the other hand is not part of Eddie Eddie Howes plans. We will get him for around 14million.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, John said:

I think a part of it can be attributed to the fact that we are trying to sign starters from Championship clubs, who are subsequently trying to rip us off. With Mings I just think Bournemouth would accept less in comparison because he is pretty much 5th choice and they can use that money for areas that they need to strengthen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JordyTheHague said:

Nakamba was a really average player when he played for Vitesse. I dont see how Villa thinks he is Premier League quality.. Imo for the price the are saying in the media Villa can get so much better players.

I don’t think we’re after him. 

I think it’s a case of him seeing his mate move for big money and his agent is trying to angle a similar move for his player. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, John said:

You can believe prices mentioned in papers if you want to. 

Edited by Kiwivillan

41 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Ramsey could step up this season I think, I thought he had a more than decent debut in our first team

Pretty harsh of you to put the patented SGC kiss of death on the lad, let's hope he fancies a game at Gloucester City 😉

• Haha 2