Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

44 minutes ago, sne said:

(Taken out of context) £45m-£60m for a Championship keeper, a Championship CB and a PL reserve CB with 17 top flight games to him name and a horrible injury history is a shocking amount of money.

Even with all things considered this is scary stuff.

Add an (for me) unknown Brazilian striker for £22m to the mix...

I really hope our scouting team knows what they are doing this time.

How much do we actually earn from one season in the PL?  Sky promote the play off final as the thousand trillion zillion game or whatever but I find it hard to cut through their bullshit.

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

How much do we actually earn from one season in the PL?  Sky promote the play off final as the thousand trillion zillion game or whatever but I find it hard to cut through their bullshit.

The Sky figure includes the parachute payments you get for the next three seasons even if you get relegated, but then that is money you can count on for future earnings. 

7 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

If it is to be Butland, Mings and Webster coming in as our starting back 3, with Steer, Hause and Chester as back up, I’d be happy with that! 

I would be ok with that as well, but would prefer Axel alongside Tyrone and I've not quite given up hope that Manchester United will make the mistake of letting him leave.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Going straight back down means a minimum £170m, stay up one more season and it's closer to £300m. 

• Like 1

The one thing yesterday taught me,  how much we all love the Villa.  I think the ITK stuff is  right laugh and it is great fun (We could be with small heath etc now in that league),  we will sign players,  Smith hasn't forgotten and the owners do not come across as people who like to be involved in businesses that "Struggle".

It's gonna be ace 😃

• Like 3