Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, John said:

How I want this one to happen, £14m would be an absolute bargain.

That's why £14m is unlikely to be enough, when £20-£30m is currently the asking price for any signings that we want to make from Championship clubs.

Not exactly a queue lining up to sign him. The journos have not even made up any links.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If you've ever looked at their forum they're obssessed with our finances. Convinced there is a huge conspiracy and we control the efl and we've cheated our way to promotion. 

Quite amusing really. Up there with the small heath desperation for us to go broke. 

Oh and how small time was it when their official twitter account celebrated when Bryan turned us down for the prem. Haha he still left dick heads. 

Yet to meet any BCFC fan that isn’t obsessed with Villa

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is Webster any good?  Was he playing against Villa when we we should have won by 4 or 5?

Best CB in the Championship last season, not counting Mings.  Ball playing CB, two footed, can play both sides at CB, and can do it all defensively.  Will slot right into Deano's system with ease.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is Webster any good?  Was he playing against Villa when we we should have won by 4 or 5?

The game where we had a goal incorrectly ruled out at 0-0 and Hourihane dived for a penalty? (After which you guys did dominate, granted) Yes.

But he's absolutely in the top few CBs in the Championship.

1 minute ago, Robbie09 said:

Yet to meet any BCFC fan that isn’t obsessed with Villa

*Waves*

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Best CB in the Championship last season, not counting Mings.  Ball playing CB, two footed, can play both sides at CB, and can do it all defensively.  Will slot right into Deano's system with ease.  

Apparently with addons they paid up to 7m for him so it’s no suprise they are holding out for as much as possible.

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Best CB in the Championship last season, counting Mings too. :P

• Haha 1

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

The game where we had a goal incorrectly ruled out at 0-0 and Hourihane dived for a penalty? (After which you guys did dominate, granted) Yes.

But he's absolutely in the top few CBs in the Championship.

*Waves*

I don’t remember that goal that was ruled out. 

Penalty was soft but we missed a lot of sitters.

We will sign him then.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently with addons they paid up to 7m for him so it’s no suprise they are holding out for as much as possible.

£3.5m up front, rising to £7m mostly dependant on appearances as I believe he had never completed more than half a season without a big injury until last season.

Ruled out goal was by Weimann about 10 minutes in I believe.

Tbh the games long in the past now and we didn't deserve to make the playoffs anyway based on the results of the full season (although the Derby home game still gripes. We were as dominant with 10 men as you lot were against us after the penalty, yet lost 2-0).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

£3.5m up front, rising to £7m mostly dependant on appearances as I believe he had never completed more than half a season without a big injury until last season.

Hmm I'm starting to Wonder if we have a thing for CBs with historic injury problems who haven't played more than half a season in their career........

39 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If you've ever looked at their forum they're obssessed with our finances. Convinced there is a huge conspiracy and we control the efl and we've cheated our way to promotion. 

Quite amusing really. Up there with the small heath desperation for us to go broke. 

Oh and how small time was it when their official twitter account celebrated when Bryan turned us down for the prem. Haha he still left dick heads. 

The bile and vitriol towards Villa on their OTIB forum is quite staggering - they see us as arrogant, self-entitled w*nkers. Whilst you do get a fair few idiots on Twitter, I’d say that in general the opposite was the case. As is the Brummie way, we’re a glass half empty, self deprecating hard on ourselves sort of bunch.

Shame really, I’ve never had anything against Bristol City, even if Lee Johnson himself is a grade A handjob. 

Must be something to do with the initials BCFC.

Edited by The Moustache of Teale
  • Like 2

(Taken out of context) £45m-£60m for a Championship keeper, a Championship CB and a PL reserve CB with 17 top flight games to him name and a horrible injury history is a shocking amount of money.

Even with all things considered this is scary stuff.

Add an (for me) unknown Brazilian striker for £22m to the mix...

I really hope our scouting team knows what they are doing this time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sne said:

(Taken out of context) £45m-£60m for a Championship keeper, a Championship CB and a PL reserve CB with 17 top flight games to him name and a horrible injury history is a shocking amount of money.

Even with all things considered this is scary stuff.

Add an (for me) unknown Brazilian striker for £22m to the mix...

I really hope our scouting team knows what they are doing this time.

At least if we do go down we’ll be prepared to bounce back. 

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

£3m rising up to £8m after promotion.

So £3m.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

At least if we do go down we’ll be prepared to bounce back. 

Yeah hopefully we'll never know.

I feel that in at least 2 of these deals we are paying for potential rather than current ability and if they don't live up to it we'll lose a lot of money.

Every transfer is a risk and all that.

I just hope we end up paying at the lower scale of what is reported.