Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Eventually these players will get fed up of being denied dream premier league moves due to unrealistic and stupid fees

Surprised there hasn't started being something in place allowing them to buy themselves out of their deals, happened several times over the years but still not common

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I'm not willing to find out :lol:

I imagine it's taken multiple bets of multiple hundreds to get down to 1/8. Surely some people aren't betting £200+ on a hunch. They must know something.

I don’t think it even would. I reckon as soon as a large amount is staked or attempted they would close the book.

46 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

it else smells of funky old pants, when you consider Spurs are somehow paying Leeds just 11.5 mil (8.5 up front) for Jack Clarke who is young, English and has huge potential.

It’s because he is free to leave and not part of Bielsa’s plan. I bet he has one year left on his comtract too. 

They have to sell some players. Alternative would probably be losing him on a free.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think it even would. I reckon as soon as a large amount is staked or attempted they would close the book.

If they have dropped it to 8/1 on that tells me they have heard news Butland is going elsewhere.

...so they drop the price on Villa. Some poor sap thinks "that must be a sure thing best get on that whilst I can" and then lumps a load of dough on a rubbish bet.

23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Both kodjia and Chester are basically 30 though, but yeah prob no more than 10 easy.

Yes that is a fair point, their ages would factor in.

Look at it this way, last summer Bristol City were happy to let Joe Bryan leave for £6m. We know they were happy because of their celebratory tweet when Bryan completed his move to Fulham.

Fast forward less than 12 months later and their centre half is now valued at £30m. 

Now I don’t know if this fella is any good, I don’t watch Bristol City play. But I’m wondering whether his stock is indeed 5 times as much as Bryan’s was last year.

£11.5m is a lot of money for Jack Clarke, he's only made around twenty league appearances, the talk of £20m for him has always been ridiculous. He's a promising player, but not some wonder kid.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

I think it's fair to say that Villa won't be unveiling any new signings tonight, unless it's a new tea lady. Therefore, I'm off to watch a player that we have been linked to - Marvellous Nakamba - playing against Uganda on Eurosport at 6pm. 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s because he is free to leave and not part of Bielsa’s plan. I bet he has one year left on his comtract too. 

They have to sell some players. Alternative would probably be losing him on a free.

no one has said he only has a year left or that he's not part of Bielsa's plan, the press love that type of info. May still be true though.

either way it's still a bargain compared to all the other prices being banded about.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Larscapaldi said:

That Nakamba lad isn't in the Squad for Zimbabwe today... 🤔

Good spot, not even on the subs bench.  Assuming they lose again that would be them most likely out the tournament,  so perhaps he's realised his club career is more important than risking injury in a hopeless endeavour... not sure I'd like that mentality in our CDM, so maybe he just got a knock in training. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Larscapaldi said:

That Nakamba lad isn't in the Squad for Zimbabwe today... 🤔

6 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Marvellous news. Hopefully he’s on a jet to BHX. 

2 minutes ago, villarocker said:

He's on the bench. Oh well, I'll look forward to his 5 minutes at the end of the game then. 

He's missing through injury,  but he was Zimbabwe's best player against Egypt the other night.

• Thanks 1

Can't imagine any player being allowed to leave mid tournament on game day to fly from Egypt to Birmingham to have a little transfer chat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Larscapaldi said:

Not even on the bench

According to the official AFCON website line-up he was on the bench. Guess they're not up to speed with the team selection. 

According to the commentary he was the most accurate passer in the first game against the pre-tournament favourites Egypt.