Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

U WOT M8 aside, genuine question, do you abuse any other forums or are us at VT just special?? :)

Think I'm on a couple of others.

I know I signed to the Derby one when they were linked with Kodjia too. Then completely forgot about it.

And of course I abuse the Bristol City forum on a regular basis.

U WOT M8 aside, genuine question, do you abuse any other forums or are us at VT just special?? :)

Bristol City fans love poking us. See themselves as a rival as we've been battling for a playoff spot for three seasons.

Them giving Johnson a new 4 year deal is very funny indeed. Be paying him off next summer or earlier.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Think I'm on a couple of others.

I know I signed to the Derby one when they were linked with Kodjia too. Then completely forgot about it.

And of course I abuse the Bristol City forum on a regular basis.

how do you find us villa fans then?, are we a good bunch or a bunch or up our own butt nerds?

how do you find us villa fans then?, are we a good bunch or a bunch or up our own butt nerds?

I haven’t tried that flavour. Was it limited edition? Can you get them abroad?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I haven’t tried that flavour. Was it limited edition? Can you get them abroad?

i think it was a single run limited edition made by Richards & McCormack Ltd.

I think the company went out of business tho......

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

SGC what do you think of O’Hare, from what I’ve seen I’ve been very impressed, but he’s 21 so is getting to an age where he should be starting to get towards first team appearances. Do you think he’s got it to go to PL level? 

He has a lot of ability, great on the ball but I don’t think he really has a set position which kind of holds him back. I’ve seen quite a few interviews of him and he comes across as a bit of a joker or maybe even a bit arrogant, maybe I’ve misinterpreted it. This coming season will be a defining season for quite a few of our best young players i.e the group I’ve waxed lyrical on here about for years (the Hepburn-Murphy, Green, Suliman group), does anyone know if Suliman is still at the club? I can’t find anything on him. I thought he was out of contract this Summer, can anyone shed any light?

• Thanks 1

All this BS about championship clubs wanting 30m for their players.  Wait to 5 days before the window closes to see what they will snap your hand off for. Its a waiting game for these players. 

21 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Not to rub anything in, but we announced out LB signing about 2 hours ago.

Fee is undisclosed but the rumoured pre agreed fee we had was £2m.

I look forward to Villa bidding £20m for him next summer.

Are you kidding me? By next season you guys will be wanting £30m for every player!

• Haha 1

There will no doubt be a Domino effect .... when a GK signs we sell Kalinic (maybe swop with Rongier) etc etc it’s not just a case of Villa wanting said player and it gets done.  Player may be on international duty still ... The proposed selling club may want to sign a replacement first but that deal is dependent on the other club finding a replacement etc etc patience is the key . 

Edited by thabucks

the Rongier link, cant decide what i think tbh, i know he's advertised as a DMC, but if you watch the numerous vids of him out there, he seems to actually like to play quite far up the field but also gets stuck in a bit, a bit like McGinn?

he certainly doesnt look like a straight DMC.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

the Rongier link, cant decide what i think tbh, i know he's advertised as a DMC, but if you watch the numerous vids of him out there, he seems to actually like to play quite far up the field but also gets stuck in a bit, a bit like McGinn?

he certainly doesnt look like a straight DMC.

Can't see that it's come from anywhere but people suggesting it on twitter. Be a great signing.

34 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Bristol City fans love poking us. See themselves as a rival as we've been battling for a playoff spot for three seasons.

Them giving Johnson a new 4 year deal is very funny indeed. Be paying him off next summer or earlier.

If you've ever looked at their forum they're obssessed with our finances. Convinced there is a huge conspiracy and we control the efl and we've cheated our way to promotion. 

Quite amusing really. Up there with the small heath desperation for us to go broke. 

Oh and how small time was it when their official twitter account celebrated when Bryan turned us down for the prem. Haha he still left dick heads. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hairdo said:

Screenshot_20190626-234906_Twitter.jpg

Seriously, though.  Webster, Mings, & Butland will be outstanding.  Assuming Guilbert is just as solid in the Prem as he was in France, we'll just need a swashbuckling left back, and we have a defense, boys!!!!

I want to believe, I really do...  but I'm probably just going to be disappointed...  It's the Villa way.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Are you kidding me? By next season you guys will be wanting £30m for every player!

Minimum £35m really. I just didn't want to add more disappointment after the lack of a transfer today.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Minimum £35m really. I just didn't want to add more disappointment after the lack of a transfer today.

You have a good chance against Brentford in the Profit Bowl.