Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I should’ve just kept quiet :(

SGC what do you think of O’Hare, from what I’ve seen I’ve been very impressed, but he’s 21 so is getting to an age where he should be starting to get towards first team appearances. Do you think he’s got it to go to PL level? 

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

SGC what do you think of O’Hare, from what I’ve seen I’ve been very impressed, but he’s 21 so is getting to an age where he should be starting to get towards first team appearances. Do you think he’s got it to go to PL level? 

To be fair, I don't think I've seen any youth player SGC hasn't rated highly at this point.  haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

to be fair he did well at Carlisle, but again in all fairness he needs to be performing at a higher level than that at 21?

I saw a couple of interviews with him, and i actually thought he came across a bit childish (or maybe im just old and kids are like that these days!), i think he needs to harden up and grow up a bit.

i dont think he's ready for the Prem, i think he needs another season on loan, preferably at a ball playing championship side to see what hes really made of, then we can make a decision.

Only issue is, he only has 12 months left on his contract.

I think he has what it takes to play in the Prem (in another 12-18 months), but i think its all down to his application as to whether he achieves it.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I hope Bournemouth do let us have Tyrone for £14m. I just worry with the prices being reported elsewhere and with him having proven his fitness and his worth to us, that they will be reluctant to accept that amount just yet.

I hope my doubts prove to be unfounded and the player gets the move that he and we really want. 

Rumours of Nantes: ‘Kalinic out/Rongier in’ deal on Twitter. Kieta Balde interest has some currency today, also. 

For those ITK hounders, please don’t shoot the messenger, just letting those who don’t frequent Twitter know.

Not to rub anything in, but we announced out LB signing about 2 hours ago.

Fee is undisclosed but the rumoured pre agreed fee we had was £2m.

I look forward to Villa bidding £20m for him next summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Rumours of Nantes: ‘Kalinic out/Rongier in’ deal on Twitter. Kieta Balde interest has some currency today, also. 

For those ITK hounders, please don’t shoot the messenger, just letting those who don’t frequent Twitter know.

but the critical question is......is the deal going to be finalised on a Wednesday????

• Haha 1

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Maybe, but the joke will be on you when you are still in the Championship and we’ve just banked our first £100m cheque from Sky.

😜

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

sqrl GIF

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

to be fair he did well at Carlisle, but again in all fairness he needs to be performing at a higher level than that at 21?

I saw a couple of interviews with him, and i actually thought he came across a bit childish (or maybe im just old and kids are like that these days!), i think he needs to harden up and grow up a bit.

i dont think he's ready for the Prem, i think he needs another season on loan, preferably at a ball playing championship side to see what hes really made of, then we can make a decision.

Only issue is, he only has 12 months left on his contract.

I think he has what it takes to play in the Prem (in another 12-18 months), but i think its all down to his application as to whether he achieves it.

I agree but I do think the premier league is less physical than the championship so in a sense easier to bed in young players but although it is harder for management to trust young players and bed them in in such a intense and high stakes league so they are less likely to give them a chance, so rock and hard place.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

U WOT M8 aside, genuine question, do you abuse any other forums or are us at VT just special?? :)

1 minute ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I agree but I do think the premier league is less physical than the championship so in a sense easier to bed in young players but although it is harder for management to trust young players and bed them in in such a intense and high stakes league so they are less likely to give them a chance, so rock and hard place.

if he is good enough, he would shine in the championship (in the right team).

30 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You can believe prices mentioned in papers if you want to. 

I hope Bournemouth treat them with a pinch of salt as well. If so, that can but help.