Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

The game where we had a goal incorrectly ruled out at 0-0 and Hourihane dived for a penalty? (After which you guys did dominate, granted) Yes.

But he's absolutely in the top few CBs in the Championship.

*Waves*

You guys really do need to get over that disallowed goal and that penalty. The referee is always right, his decision is final, the game has gone and so have we (up to the PL).

I spoke to a Bristol City fan outside the ground after the game, who was still incandescent with rage about those two decisions as well. Your manager made it clear that he felt much the same in his post match interview. It is now time to focus on the slings and arrows that the coming season has in store.....

• Like 3

So, hopefully in the not too distant future we will see the following...

GK - Butland

CB - Mings

CB - Webster

LB - ???? (Hopeful for Targett)

DM - ???? (Would quite like us to sign both Phillips and loan in Ampadu as well).

RW - ???? (Hopeful for Benrahma)

ST - ???? (Won't happen but ideally Maupay)

Pretty much all Championship players, but they are all very good so should easily be able to make the step up.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The sun is out and Wednesday is but a distant memory.

Its all about Thursday. Thursday is the new Saturday.

Haha that's ok then. Just as long as Thursday isn't the new Wednesday!

• Like 1

I don't think we will announce any new signings until Deano is back off holiday and has a nice tan ready for all the interviews and promo shots with his new players. Therefore, I predict our next announcement will be next week. 

29 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

So, hopefully in the not too distant future we will see the following...

GK - Butland

CB - Mings

CB - Webster

LB - ???? (Hopeful for Targett)

DM - ???? (Would quite like us to sign both Phillips and loan in Ampadu as well).

RW - ???? (Hopeful for Benrahma)

ST - ???? (Won't happen but ideally Maupay)

Pretty much all Championship players, but they are all very good so should easily be able to make the step up.

Give me up and coming talented Championship players any day over some of the PL team cast offs I've seen suggested

• Like 3

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Give me up and coming talented Championship players any day over some of the PL team cast offs I've seen suggested

For me it depends on who is actually the better player, just because someone has potential doesn’t mean they will reach it.

I think we should be signing proven quality players that will keep us up this season,  then we can focus on picking up the up and comers.

Its imperative we create a squad that will survive this season, not a squad of what ifs. 

Well what a great day today will be... I can see some blue sky... summer might just be arriving.

I'm not too down about missing out on a Wednesday announcement at the Villa. In other news, there was a Wednesday announcement for the Royal International Air Tattoo though... Turkish F4 Phantoms!! Two in the static... woo-hoo!!

Anyway... back to the Villa transfers... happiness is just around the corner.

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I agree.

I disagree. What's the point of crucifying him if you're then going to end his misery in a quick fiery death? Let him hang there a couple of days.

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I disagree. What's the point of crucifying him if you're then going to end his misery in a quick fiery death? Let him hang there a couple of days.

This thread is a microcosm of humanity, and how to go from zero to letting people hang on a cross and be effectively tortured, then slowly roasted to death once the requisite amount of pain is caused.......in literally 1.5 days.

Oh humanity........never change!

:)

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

This thread is a microcosm of humanity, and how to go from zero to letting people hang on a cross and be effectively tortured, then slowly roasted to death once the requisite amount of pain is caused.......in literally 1.5 days.

Yeah, but Delphino will rise from the dead on the third day and be carried up to heaven. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Haha 1