Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

He'll be back as backup for next season. With Elmo and Taylor probably going, he'll be needed. 

I don't know.

Zlatan still ripping it up at the age of 39...

I believe in King Elmo

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, Xela said:

He'll be back as backup for next season. With Elmo and Taylor probably going, he'll be needed. 

I hope we'll be buying better back up for both positions in the summer; don't think Guilbert is of sufficient quality.

However, can't rule it out.

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I doubt it, think the move back to France is just to get his value up again.

I agree it's right time to let AEM go but suspect we'll just get in a young back up, same for LB with potential to grow to become first team player over 12 months.

Doesn't sound like he settled. Great guy great appetite for the game and an absolute road runner but just not at the level.  Fist pumping and a great desire will always carry a lot of weight with fans but tbf he had little quality, poor on the ball and very naive with people getting in behind him.

With early promotion we were already outgrowing him the day he arrived.

Won't be back here. We will go again in the summer and get a young exciting understudy to Cash.

Thanks for the 2-0 against Everton. Was an absolute demon that day.

Maybe unlucky we took the massive leap in performance that we did this season, and whilst I don't think he'd have been as good as Cash has turned out to be, he never got the chance. Shame as I did think he had the ability, but I don't think we can keep a player with his expectations happy waiting for the first choice to get injured.  Even then, looks like the coaches preferred ElMo

He helped us survive at the end of last season, seemed to be a great professional, and I wish him all the best wherever he ends up. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I hope we'll be buying better back up for both positions in the summer; don't think Guilbert is of sufficient quality.

However, can't rule it out.

I saw a report a couple weeks ago claiming we don't actually want to sell him, and intend to bring him back in the summer, which is bizarre to me.

Is it just that we are respecting Elmo, and want Guilbert to get games in the mean time?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I saw a report a couple weeks ago claiming we don't actually want to sell him, and intend to bring him back in the summer, which is bizarre to me.

Is it just that we are respecting Elmo, and want Guilbert to get games in the mean time?

it does make sense. not necessarily about respecting elmo, more that he's out of contract in the summer so no point in getting a poxy grand or 2 for him this window if it is indeed their intention to let elmo go in the summer. in the meantime he's an adequate back up

this is 5 months of first team football for fred to prove that he's either good enough to play in the PL or to put himself in the shop window to get a few quid in the summer.

in a perfect world it will be the former. we know we will need a new LB and striker at least in the summer, plus another CM if we don't buy barkley and let conor go. ideally we don't need to have another position that we HAVE to fill.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it does make sense. not necessarily about respecting elmo, more that he's out of contract in the summer so no point in getting a poxy grand or 2 for him this window if it is indeed their intention to let elmo go in the summer. in the meantime he's an adequate back up

this is 5 months of first team football for fred to prove that he's either good enough to play in the PL or to put himself in the shop window to get a few quid in the summer.

in a perfect world it will be the former. we know we will need a new LB and striker at least in the summer, plus another CM if we don't buy barkley and let conor go. ideally we don't need to have another position that we HAVE to fill.

True indeed.

On 31/01/2021 at 21:14, Xela said:

More likely it's a position we will look to recruit in. He's not going to play for Villa again methinks. 

Â