Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

37 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Except for the recent clothe lining of an opponent in an England friendly for which he said "If VAR was in use I'd have been sent of for that ...but it wasn't".

In the scheme of filthy players though,  he's nothing compared with Ben Mee.

And I think @PieFacE called it correctly earlier. He is hated by the media because he doesn't fit the profile they want: either Stupid footballer does stupid things, or exceptional footballer does exceptional things.  He's an intelligent footballer, that uses his platform to fight for change, rather than letting his football do the talking. They don't know how to handle it,  so they knock him down to make his non-football arguments seem less valid.

Clothes lining? What are you on. Mings leant into him as the dude ran straight at mings. What is mings supposed to do he a matador? Yes mings was probably too aggressive with it but are you kidding me. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Clothes lining? What are you on. Mings leant into him as the dude ran straight at mings. What is mings supposed to do he a matador? Yes mings was probably too aggressive with it but are you kidding me. 

He said himself, it was a sending off offence. He raised his forearms and shoved them into the chest/neck area of the guy running into the area. You can whitewash the foul all you like,  but it was seriously foul play.

31 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He said himself, it was a sending off offence. He raised his forearms and shoved them into the chest/neck area of the guy running into the area. You can whitewash the foul all you like,  but it was seriously foul play.

It was the chest. Yes it was a foul and a pen. And could maybe be a red. I mean it wasn't. And should never be one. But it wasn't exactly anything out of the norm for England cbs. 

2 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Mings  plays with a full blooded mentality, the truth is he has the potential to injury an opposition player really badly. Very scary.

What has he done deliberately that could possibly have injured an opponent badly?

He accidentally caught Oliveira and Ibra when jumping over a fallen player. That's his only real thing that could have hurt anyone. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

What has he done deliberately that could possibly have injured an opponent badly?

He accidentally caught Oliveira and Ibra when jumping over a fallen player. That's his only real thing that could have hurt anyone. 

🤔

48 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Mings plays with an aggressive mentality, and the truth is - he has the potential to injure an opposition player really badly. Very scary.

That’s true of any player in a contact sport like football. As a team I’d say we generally lack a bit of aggression. If you want our CB to be nice and careful not to hurt anyone, I’m pretty sure we’d get slaughtered every match. 

I guess you missed the 70s. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

imo...
1. He's black
2. He's pro BLM
3. He's the above and is successful and intelligent

It's depressing that I think that way in 2021 but I see no other reason for it. 

He also looks like this:

Fit Males on Twitter: "Tyrone Mings 🥵 #hotfootballers #shirtless  #AstonVilla #AVFC #Villa #England #English #British… "

Can't call him funny nicknames like "slabhead" etc either can they? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I think the term now is "doughy".

There are other words but that's certainly one you can throw in the mixer. 

Give Gareth 'Eore' Southgate the chance and he'll drop Mings for any player from Manu, Chelski or Shiteh. I suspect he'll be benched today so Eore can bring on his favourite Manure player.

11 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Tyrone is a strong, articulate, confident and successful young black man, that's not afraid to stand-up for himself and others around him. He's an imposing presence with a marketable look and physique, plus has wealth and charisma. He's a role model and a leader, one that's worked his way up to the top of his craft, and that terrifies certain elements of society.

What better way to nullify any message from Tyrone than to knock him down a peg or two. Why listen to this leader that both stands and kneels for equality, when you can focus on errors that haven't happened yet, thus diluting his impact.

**** 'em Tyrone, you've been our best player in this tournament.

Lewis Hamilton has been getting the same grief for years. Outspoken, stands up what he believes, shares his other interests such as music and fashion. But because he's black and wealthy seems to attract alot of hate from the gammons. 

24 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

We need @sir_gary_cahill expert opinion on the way Tyrone looks. I'm guessing ... beautiful. 

Tattoo on his his chest ruins it, WNB

But seriously his physique is phenomenal, those abs... 

That Austrian guy who ran in to him must have felt like a 5 aside player hitting the leisure centre wall

Looks like he might lose his place tonight for England, and after reading the usual bile on Twitter about him I just thought I would post that no matter what happens for the rest of the Euro's Tyrone has, in my opinion, been a rock at the back for England and doesn't look out of place at this level.  Happy he is a Villa player and hope that he takes confidence from his performances this summer into next season, which lets be honest is the important thing here.

• Like 1

Safegate would be better off dropping Stones for McGuire than Mings.if McGuire picks up a knock he’s then got to turn to a deflated Mings who can be a bit mentally frail by his own admission 

He could however drop Stones and say , we are already through I want to rest you for the quarter finals  and then he gets to ease Mcguire in with no real damage to moral ….if  McGuire turns out to be awesome tonight then he’s on a winner , if McGuire turns out to not be fit then he can restore Stones and Mings with no harm done.

if he drops Mings , who has been arguably our best defender he’s saying to the squad form is irrelevant , I have my favourites … we could possibly also see him do the same with Henderson 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Safegate would be better off dropping Stones for McGuire than Mings.if McGuire picks up a knock he’s then got to turn to a deflated Mings who can be a bit mentally frail by his own admission 

He could however drop Stones and say , we are already through I want to rest you for the quarter finals  and then he gets to ease Mcguire in with no real damage to moral ….if  McGuire turns out to be awesome tonight then he’s on a winner , if McGuire turns out to not be fit then he can restore Stones and Mings with no harm done.

if he drops Mings , who has been arguably our best defender he’s saying to the squad form is irrelevant , I have my favourites … we could possibly also see him do the same with Henderson 

McGuire is playing for Scotland, mate.

Â