Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

56 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Another excellent performance. Blocks tackles organising ,chewing gum. Telling people they lost a runner or nearly lost a runner and a few excellent forward balls which turned them around.

The chewing gum had a superb game lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Another excellent performance. Blocks tackles organising ,chewing gum. Telling people they lost a runner or nearly lost a runner and a few excellent forward balls which turned them around.

I particularly liked the ball to Traore in the first half. I know it was offside but I thought it was a good illustration of his influence on how we play. He won a throw in. He retreated back, let out a shout “Bertie” and gestured for him to make the run then pinged it forward after Targett took the throw-in.  

• Like 2

Wouldn't it be mad if the chewing gum is the catalyst for his good performance. 

No chewing gum means his minds completely free to panic and make rash calls.

Has chewing gum, concentrates on chewing meaning part of his mind is busy so his natural instinctive defensive ability run auto pilot.

Everyone pick up a pack next shopping trip and mail it to villa park.

Still don’t get all the criticism for him. He has 99% of the time been  brilliant. Players make mistakes. It’s when they don’t learn it is a problem and he is a smart player. 

Him and Konsa are a great pair. 

Edited by cyrusr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

The mings of old yesterday excellent performance 

There is no agenda. Never has been.

If he performs like this and cut out his mistakes which he did yesterday no one would criticize him. Not even me :) 

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

When he does something awesome then you see a clip of him chewing gum it's dead cool.

When he does something dumb then you see a clip of him chewing gum it is unbelievably infuriating.

I think someone has definitely had a word in his ear about keeping it safe and simple as he was very deliberately belting it into row z if there was even a sniff of danger. As a result he had an excellent game and I remained relatively unpuckered throughout.

I prefer this version of mings

I thought he was great last night, he almost seems to prefer games where we're under a bit of pressure. Maybe having less time to think about things means he plays his natural game more, without overthinking things and trying to do too much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought he was MOTM with the slim pickings, saved a goal, didn't do anything wrong, was solid all night vs a very physical Antonio and a lot of running at him 

I agree - of all the defenders, he was the one that didn't deserve to be on the losing team.

• Like 2

Â