Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

3 or 4 years off his peak still . He has the steel that Mellberg and Laursen had but with far better ability on the ball. And he never shuts up . Worth every penny if not more 

With the fans not there you realise that he’s constantly yapping, encouraging, driving the team on. There was a moment in the second half and a ball was heading towards Ramsey, and you could hear him telling Ramsey what to do and when to go and then congratulating him after he won it. 

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

They really painted themselves into a corner with the Maguire fee, didn't they?

They’ll say Maguire was a one off. In fairness, there aren’t many English centre backs with an impending court retrial.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This summer is going to be epic, we’re really going to see the ambition of the club. We’re going to see the so-called big clubs come in for our players, we’re a threat again! Of course Utd will come calling for Mings et al,  as will City. The last time we got close to the top 4 we shat ourselves and folded, Lerner let the Manchester clubs rape us and walk away with the family silver. We lost Yorke to Utd when we got close, then we allowed the Manchester clubs to relieve us of Barry, Milner, Young, and Delph. Then we got relegated.

So we need to stand strong this summer, and I have absolute confidence in our owners to do just that. Where we finish this season can obviously make that easier or more difficult. I don’t see Mings going anywhere. Or anyone else for that matter. We’ll be adding to the squad, not taking away. The Manchester clubs can take their £s and shove it up their Arsenal, Villa have a pair of Vegas level poker players that’ll see them and raise the stakes. UTV

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

So we need to stand strong this summer, and I have absolute confidence in our owners to do just that. Where we finish this season can obviously make that easier or more difficult. I don’t see Mings going anywhere. Or anyone else for that matter. We’ll be adding to the squad, not taking away. The Manchester clubs can take their £s and shove it up their Arsenal, Villa have a pair of Vegas level poker players that’ll see them and raise the stakes. UTV

Agree, but i also feel the owners are savvy enough that if the right crazy bid comes in they will sell and re-invest the money into someone even better. 

I know it's just 'paper talk' re: Mings to Manure but in all my hatred of them I'd hope we never do any business with them.

We should not be looking for other teams to strengthen by selling our players whilst we have NSWE at the helm.

Summer transfer window could be very interesting indeed.

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

This, really. For both teams, you'd have to call it poor recruitment/scouting. 

Isn't that the same for every team - out of every 10 players you buy, how many will be a hit and how many a flop?

At a guess, the average for all premier league teams and all players bought, it must be something like 50% hits, 50% flops?

Villa have just bucked the trend recently but whether we can keep up that hit rate is debatable.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Isn't that the same for every team - out of every 10 players you buy, how many will be a hit and how many a flop?

At a guess, the average for all premier league teams and all players bought, it must be something like 50% hits, 50% flops?

Villa have just bucked the trend recently but whether we can keep up that hit rate is debatable.

A figure inflated by poor scouting and reduced by the good systems - of course it isn't an exact science, but there's no denying that teams who invest in and work hard at it have much more hits than flops. 

I think it's worth mentioning that at the bigger clubs the chances of success are probably lower because of the smaller number of players who can deal with the pressure of being at the top. The mental side of the game is huge and some just can't hack it - we've seen that with some signings we've made even when we were in the championship, let alone a club in Europe.  

The disrespect from Man U fans on Twitter is something else. I'll admit he probably isn't at the level they are looking for to improve but you would think they are being linked with a centre back at Plymouth or Crewe the way they are going on.

Here's to many more years of them under achieving and their incredibly entitled fans suffering a bit longer.

Edited by AVFCDAN

39 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

The disrespect from Man U fans on Twitter is something else. I'll admit he probably isn't at the level they are looking for to improve but you would think they are being linked with a centre back at Plymouth or Crewe the way they are going on.

Here's to many more years of them under achieving and their incredibly entitled fans suffering a bit longer.

I think he walks into the United defence, Maguire is a bigger accident than Mings is and Lindelof isnt good enough

Mings is probably in the best 25 defenders in Europe at this stage

Â