Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought he was MOTM with the slim pickings, saved a goal, didn't do anything wrong, was solid all night vs a very physical Antonio and a lot of running at him 

didn't do anything wrong? He was typical Mings, out of position too far up the pitch and leaving the gap for Antonio to score then heroically clearing off the line a few minutes later.

He makes several mistakes every match we only moan about the times when those mistakes get punished, tonight for instance. 

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 3

Pretty sure he cost us the second goal, a lazy flick forward then ball watches and fails to push up onto Antonio, the space between him and Antonio was massive he had all the time to control the ball and lay into JL. 

A really lazy ball forward. 

6 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

didn't do anything wrong? He was typical Mings, out of position too far up the pitch and leaving the gap for Antonio to score then heroically clearing off the line a few minutes later.

He makes several mistakes every match we only moan about the times when those mistakes get punished, tonight for instance. 

What? 

The ball over the top for Antonio's chance he was konsa's man

He literally made a run behind konsa from our right hand side 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Great goal line clearance but he has regressed in possession. Every time he is on the ball I'm expecting a bad touch or an aimless hoof or both. Hopefully he regains his confidence soon.

We've spent months moaning that he is too casual and tries to be too clever in possession!! 

Now he's hoofing it and he's shit at that too

Madness 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

We've spent months moaning that he is too casual and tries to be too clever in possession!! 

Now he's hoofing it and he's shit at that too

Madness 

But he hasn't been good at long passes lately. There may be an issue that midfielders aren't making themselves available for the simple pass either, i'm not sure.

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

But he hasn't been good at long passes lately. There may be an issue that midfielders aren't making themselves available for the simple pass either, i'm not sure.

Last season it was the midfield IMO

This season it could be a mixture of the midfield and confidence 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

No he stepped out with the rest of our defenders konsa didn't. 

1 hour ago, Mark_1989 said:

Pretty sure he cost us the second goal, a lazy flick forward then ball watches and fails to push up onto Antonio, the space between him and Antonio was massive he had all the time to control the ball and lay into JL. 

A really lazy ball forward. 

First Goal was targett failing to make a good pass to Watkins. Mings tried to cover and failed to win the ball that isn't a mistake. And it would have mattered had barkley sprinted back because he would have had plenty of time to mark lingard. 

9 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Genuinely thought he seriously injured himself when he cleared that Antonio chance massive scream

I didn’t because he quite regularly makes quite a big deal of when he gets a knock. Maybe it is a result of having a bad injury but he does it frequently.

When he first joined I used to get really concerned when I’d see him down, these days I take no notice.

10 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

First Goal was targett failing to make a good pass to Watkins. Mings tried to cover and failed to win the ball that isn't a mistake. And it would have mattered had barkley sprinted back because he would have had plenty of time to mark lingard. 

I was referring to second goal?

15 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

I'm surprised he's getting a bit of a slating, to be honest. The only Villa player on the pitch that came close to matching him last night was Watkins - but even his sloppy possession lead directly to 2 of their goals.

Mings was excellent throughout and my MOTM

I agree. I thought Ming's (and the defence in general) were ok last night but were  let down by an extremely weak midfield.

Â