Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

47 minutes ago, Thug said:

God what’s happened to Walker?

Couldnt pass time a team mate if his life depended on it.  

Didn’t he used to be good?

i thought he was woeful tonight.

50 minutes ago, Thug said:

When he's bad, he is horrific. Couldn't quite believe just how horrific he was tonight mind!

Grealish will get all the plaudits but special mention to this guy. I think he’s been very good every time he’s played for England. Funny thing is, I’d have Konsa starting alongside him instead of Keane, Dier, Maguire all day long.

Are we in danger of becoming a good team? 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He  makes the same mistakes over and over again and the square root of most of them is trying to be too clever and not engaging the ball. 

I think he more than makes up for it, but it is a bit frustrating still seeing the same mistakes he was making two years ago.

8 hours ago, Thug said:

Yep both him and Trippier were poor. Yesterday's men. What's happened to Eric Dier the guy looks so rubbish these days.

There is this Tottenham thing going on yesterday with the current and former Tottenham players prefering to pass to each other. I wouldn't mind but the only one I rate is Kane. 

9 hours ago, Thug said:

Was he that good though? Walker has always been poor defensively and average technically but has made a great career out of pure pace

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Grealish will get all the plaudits but special mention to this guy. I think he’s been very good every time he’s played for England. Funny thing is, I’d have Konsa starting alongside him instead of Keane, Dier, Maguire all day long.

Are we in danger of becoming a good team? 

We are, but it's more that England don't have great centre backs at all.

Mings shouldn't be a starting England player, but he's rightly at that level because the days of Ferdinand, Terry, Campbell etc are long gone.

Coady and Maguire would be my centre backs if England went for a 4-3-3

Mings is decent but not quite good enough as a starter for England for me. He has the tendency to just switch off at times and lacks concentration. Big flaw in his game.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Coady and Maguire would be my centre backs if England went for a 4-3-3

Mings is decent but not quite good enough as a starter for England for me. He has the tendency to just switch off at times and lacks concentration. Big flaw in his game.

When was the last time Coady played in a back four? Has he ever? I thought he was a centre mid before Nuno put him middle of his back 3.

Ultimately with England, the front 4/5 is really exciting. Grealish, Kane, Sterling, Sancho/Rashford. Foden has great potential too. That's almost as good as Brazil/France/Germany. -and the full backs are okay too (TAA/James and Chilwell). But the centre mids and centre backs are hugely exposed at this level. The current GK is pony, and the manager doesn't get the players playing at a higher level - if anything, they play worse.  

If we persist with a back 3, Mings has to start. He's no worse than Keane/Dier, etc and his left foot does give a natural balance.   

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Gobsmacked at the criticism of Mings on here from our own 😕

I see Mings get more stick on this forum than anywhere else (outside of daft racists on social media that barely even warrant a mention) which does seem a bit strange. I don't really watch England games outside of the odd time when either him or Jack play, but last night a couple of mates of mine/folk on Twitter were giving Mings credit so here was me thinking I'd come here to see the same thing.

Speaking of the England game though, what I saw from Trippier made me even happier with us signing Matty Cash having been linked to both.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think Tyrone had been solid for England. The jumping criticism is a bit silly as we dont know what their tactic or instruction were. In any case how many free kicks are actually headed away?! Walker stood out for me as being below par, normally very good but he struggled to pass last night. 

The whole team were laboured and sluggish but that's more down to how Southgate set them up. That's the biggest issue here. 

46 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

When was the last time Coady played in a back four? Has he ever? I thought he was a centre mid before Nuno put him middle of his back 3.

Ultimately with England, the front 4/5 is really exciting. Grealish, Kane, Sterling, Sancho/Rashford. Foden has great potential too. That's almost as good as Brazil/France/Germany. -and the full backs are okay too (TAA/James and Chilwell). But the centre mids and centre backs are hugely exposed at this level. The current GK is pony, and the manager doesn't get the players playing at a higher level - if anything, they play worse.  

If we persist with a back 3, Mings has to start. He's no worse than Keane/Dier, etc and his left foot does give a natural balance.   

The last game vs Denmark was the 1st time he ever played in a 2 man centre back partnership because Maguire got semt off

Â