Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Scored a goal and should have jumped for Saints third goal (although if he jumps and it does go underneath him then people will say why did you jump!)

Beyond that what exactly did he do wrong today?

If a wall jumps and a player puts it under nobody ever is critical of the player jumping!

• Like 2

Just now, Brumstopdogs said:

I disagree on that one. Someone will always be critical!

I agree he should have jumped though.

Yes they will but I think complaining about a ball going under a wall is a less valid compliant than what Mings did or didn’t do today.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Scored a goal and should have jumped for Saints third goal (although if he jumps and it does go underneath him then people will say why did you jump!)

Ward prowse never hits his free kicks under the wall, he always looks to bend them up and over, he should have jumped like the rest of the wall

25 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Treated the ball like it was a grenade for 90 minutes and generally made James Collins look cultured.

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Treated the ball like it was a grenade for 90 minutes and generally made James Collins look cultured.

Tad unfair I think.

The reality is he had more of the ball then any other Villa player on the pitch so there's a fair chance he would (at times) give the ball away.

Cash and Konsa had a worse pass completion % than Mings too. I presume you'll be moaning about them as a result.😉

• Like 2

Highest rated player outside of the forward line, more defensive contributions and higher pass % than any other defender but is apparently a lumbering mess who thinks he's better than he is.

👀 👀 

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

He shouldn't have been on the sideline when Adams crosses and Cash handball's because he's 1 v 2?

Sbouldnt have left McGinn on their centre back for the first foal? 

He was pants. 

22 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

He shouldn't have been on the sideline when Adams crosses and Cash handball's because he's 1 v 2?

Sbouldnt have left McGinn on their centre back for the first foal? 

He was pants. 

He went out to close the ball because Targett had gone AWOL!

The main issue with the second goal is Cash - his body position is all wrong and as a result he chose to handle the ball.

As for the first goal if McGinn doesn't feel he can pick up the man surely he should be saying something. Regardless, Konsa was the centre back closer so if any of the centre backs was at fault it was Konsa.

He was our best defender today.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

He went out to close the ball because Targett had gone AWOL!

The main issue with the second goal is Cash - his body position is all wrong and as a result he chose to handle the ball.

As for the first goal if McGinn doesn't feel he can pick up the man surely he should be saying something. Regardless, Konsa was the centre back closer so if any of the centre backs was at fault it was Konsa.

He was our best defender today.

He was our best defender today and according to pretty much all metrics is our best defender full stop. He's certainly not beyond criticism but some of it is a complete reach and just says to me that people are looking for a reason to get on his back. 

This "thinks he's better than he is" stuff is based on nothing. For the first goal, how can that be specifically his fault? They were clearly set up to defend the free kick that way, it's clearly an error in the system that led to that situation and not the job of Mings to take it upon himself to change the pre-prepared organisation of the defensive structure (funnily enough that WOULD suggest his ego was a problem). For the third goal, he's across covering Targett as he is the left sided centre back, if we're questioning anyone it's Konsa who as the right sided player is almost in a left back position. The same happened vs Newcastle last season except with Hause. 

Like I said, he's obviously not exempt from any blame as he's not without his own errors, but he's quickly becoming one of our more underrated players if this is how he's getting judged.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's a bit awkward that he is shouting orders and acting like a leader when he is making schoolboy errors.

Tyrone. Stop acting like you are Maldini and start focusing on doing the basics right.

Edited by villalad21

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yeah because that’s what people have said isn’t it.... 🤦‍♂️

I thought I made it pretty clear that I was jokingly exaggerating with that. Ah well.😬

Although in saying that people have absolutely said one part of that, and he's also been labelled a donkey on top of it so in retrospect it's not even that far off. 

👀

Edited by Indigo

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone else thinking by next season, provided we are still in the Premier League, he could very well end up being a squad player?

No. With all his faults, he's still a level above Konsa. 

• Like 4

Â