Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

On 12/11/2020 at 07:14, LondonLax said:

Every country in the world has racists. We all still have work to do to make things better for everyone. 

We do still have to work to make things better, but it will be a long hard road......but non racists, do struggle to think there is a problem, because they don't readily see the issue, because they don't see an issue.

Racists have a personality defect, that will always be hard to cure.....just like bullies, think they are doing nothing wrong.....its funny, how nice, compassionate, tolerant people are more likely to be non-racist.

but remember too...racism is also a two way street........If you are nice and fair to folk, chances are they will be nice to you.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

We do still have to work to make things better, but it will be a long hard road......but non racists, do struggle to think there is a problem, because they don't readily see the issue, because they don't see an issue.

Racists have a personality defect, that will always be hard to cure.....just like bullies, think they are doing nothing wrong.....its funny, how nice, compassionate, tolerant people are more likely to be non-racist.

but remember too...racism is also a two way street........If you are nice and fair to folk, chances are they will be nice to you.

I’ll be honest enough, the UK doesn’t have much of racism considered with elsewhere. I’ve never had even one incident which suggests that there is racism. Yes it’s not perfect as no where in the world is perfect, but still I think you can be proud about whats been achieved in that, and still more to come. A lot of other societies are still well behind in this matter, and I agree about what you’ve said down there too. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Why does he never jump at free kicks?!

Because that results more often in deflections. If mings jumps there and it catches him in the left side of his head. It deflects across the face of goal. Then you are questioning why he jumped. Jumping more frequently results in deflections that cause you to concede. 

• Like 1

I think it's probably to do with if you have the inner two in the wall standing rather than jumping then it takes out the option of going under the wall.  If it goes under the outer two then the shot probably goes wide so they can jump regardless.  Today the two that didnt jump were Mings and Kane, two of the tallest players in the team, one of whom is captain so it must be a planned thing.

• Like 3

In a three you play a left footed CB which is mings, vs the dregs of Europe in the qualifiers of course he's alright

When you start saying play a 4 at the back in tournaments you can start saying he's not good enough

I'm his defence if 3 is the way forward then play him with coady, play your best 3, not sure he ever had yet

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought he did ok. It was Dier that cost us tonight. 

We have so many pretty good cbs in the prem yet Southgate keeps choosing dier and maguire. Dunk, Webster, Tarkowski, Holgate, Tuanzebe, Konsa should all be in line to start for England ahead of those 2.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’m kind of amazed he starts for England. I really don’t think he’s that level of player. 

When you compare him to England's other centre backs, you can see why he plays. We just aren't blessed with great centre backs in England anymore. Compared to the golden generation of Ferdinand, Terry, Campbell, Woodgate, Ledley King, etc 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’m kind of amazed he starts for England. I really don’t think he’s that level of player. 

When you line up at CB with Dier and Walker , I think it’s quite apparent England don’t have a lot of quality at CB

he did Ok today , was certainly the least error prone of the 3 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

When you compare him to England's other centre backs, you can see why he plays. We just aren't blessed with great centre backs in England anymore. Compared to the golden generation of Ferdinand, Terry, Campbell, Woodgate, Ledley King, etc 

Yep, Maguire, Mings, Coady, Keane, Stones, Gomez.  All good but none of them great.  Any combination of those is much of a muchness.

Dier though is complete garbage.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep, Maguire, Mings, Coady, Keane, Stones, Gomez.  All good but none of them great.  Any combination of those is much of a muchness.

Dier though is complete garbage.

Yeah we've got a bunch of poor CBs for England. Have to also add in Dier and Walker, neither of whom should play CB (Dier just shouldn't play full stop). Mings has flaws which we can all see every week, but honestly I'd still pick him over most of those on that list. Maguire has a touch of the Titus Brambles about him, great in 1 moment and completely awful the next, Coady Keane and Gomez seem to have the same flaws as Mings and Stones can't defend and is nowhere near as good at playing as he thinks he is.

Honestly the best 3 are probably Maguire, Coady and Mings, but like you said you could pick any combination of 2 or 3 and it wouldn't make a lot of difference really. They've all got mistakes in them and they're all good on their day. Pick the most in form ones at the time and that should work

• Like 3

Â