Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

Why?  I read nothing in that article which is cause for alarm.

Maybe ‘careful’ was the wrong word, and I certainly don’t disagree with anything he’s saying.

Really I just hope he gets the necessary media-training and is able to deal with the unfortunate backlash he will no doubt get from idiots.

Although he spoke well yesterday, there were some elements that made it seem a bit like a media ambush - not sure how well briefed he was going into that press conference (not sure he even knew Clarke had resigned). This bit below seems a bit naive, especially now his comments are front and centre of the debate:

“I'm sure that between him and other senior authorities at the FA and other governing bodies there will be a lot that comes out of that in the next few days and I'd like my comments probably not to be caught up in that as well,” said Mings.

Edited by Cizzler

54 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yep the BBC headline is blatantly inflammatory and just to stir up views. rocket polishers. 

Saying that though, here's his full comments, no spin and the replies are horrific. We have a serious problem with racism in this country.

I honestly do not think we have. Certainly compared to a lot of other countries around the world and in Europe. 

But that’s for another topic.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I honestly do not think we have. Certainly compared to a lot of other countries around the world and in Europe. 

It's irrelevant. A murderer who murders 1 person isn't as bad as someone who murdered 10. They're both still murderers.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yep the BBC headline is blatantly inflammatory and just to stir up views. rocket polishers. 

Saying that though, here's his full comments, no spin and the replies are horrific. We have a serious problem with racism in this country.

People are replying to the single quote that sky have cherry picked there... nowhere near as bad as the BBC 's headline, but still only part of what he said.

In the video he goes on to say he wants the most qualified person to get the job, and for anyone potentially qualified to be considered regardless of ethnicity.  This rules out 90% of the replies as completely ignorant and irrelevant.

Think he spoke very well and any backlash will only come from idiots and racists.

• Like 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

This rules out 90% of the replies as completely ignorant and irrelevant.

I am with you, but regardless of whether we want to rule out these replies are stupid and ignorant, they still exist. It's more worrying that 90% of the people that are responding to those comments, are responding like that!

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

I am with you, but regardless of whether we want to rule out these replies are stupid and ignorant, they still exist. It's more worrying that 90% of the people that are responding to those comments, are responding like that!

Yeah, i probably should have added that that is the issue.

People not listening/reading and then making ill informed comments,  and the fact that saying "equal opportunities" is now somehow translated as favouritism towards ethnic minorities. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Agreed. They’ve become no better than the usual suspect tabloid rags. 

They have lost their ability to report impartialy and pedal their opinions as facts.

its a shame as it was a great/ treasured institution at one time.

6 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's irrelevant. A murderer who murders 1 person isn't as bad as someone who murdered 10. They're both still murderers.

That makes no sense. Pretty much every country in the world has a racism problem so pointing to those that aren’t as bad is quite relevant in my opinion.

your example would work if every single person in the world was a murderer.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

6 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Don’t take this the wrong way but you have to admit it’s ironic you find this country so worryingly racist even though you’ve moved and settled in one of the most racist countries in Europe.

I listened to BBC WM today on Mings and my reaction was "don't say that, why does it matter what race they are". Obviously, easily getting cought up in unnecessary opinion without quotes or details.

But after actually listening to Mings I 100% agree with what he was saying.

Very poor from the BBC. Especially from a place that likes to "fact check" everything these days.

I guess that's what media does these days.

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That makes no sense. Pretty much every country in the world has a racism problem so pointing to those that aren’t as bad is quite relevant in my opinion.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t take this the wrong way but you have to admit it’s ironic you find this country so worryingly racist even though you’ve moved and settled in one of the most racist countries in Europe.

None of this is relevant in the slightest. I can be critical of the UK and I can be critical of Poland. I am critical of both. It doesn't stop me living here.

7 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not disagreing with the point but technically I think that one of them would be a serial killer or mass murderer. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So there is a racism problem then?

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, `Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brotherwill be subject to judgment" - Jesus (Mathew 5:21-22)

So we aren't all murderers - we're just no better.

17 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But that’s for another topic.

He lives in Poland no? I can verify that Poland is racist as feck. 

Â