Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, rbcuk said:

Awful back to his worse, thinks he’s better than he actually is, we so need another centre back in jan, might give him a wake up call

He can be great but seems arrogant, too casual, strutting around thinking he’s the bollocks. Needs to wake up.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Awful back to his worse, thinks he’s better than he actually is, we so need another centre back in jan, might give him a wake up call

Blame Southgate for being too attacking and coaching him to get into the box. 

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

Blame Southgate for being too attacking and coaching him to get into the box. 

He’s been doing this before he got called up + England are playing a back 3 so can get away with it

Edited by rbcuk

I feel he needs to go back to basics a little and then maybe find a balance.

Is obviously supremely confident but this tend to tip into arrogance and he'll take unnecessary touches or overcommit offensively where the benefit is much overshadowed by the risk.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I think he has been average at best this season and quite frequently below that, so many needless errors in his game. I feel he is very over rated at times.

I would love us to get Harry Souttar in Jan if possible. He can be groomed for next season and beyond. Him and Konsa together would be a great partnership.

Still thinks he's a world class chew balling Maldini, Embarrassing and arrogant word removed most of the game that actually thinks he's far technically  better than he actually is. 

Edited by Kingman

22 minutes ago, Indigo said:

So much of the criticism Mings gets is unquantifiable nonsense. It's so weird.

To quantify it, his positioning is often pretty poor. Today, it was utterly woeful. He has a mistake in him every single game - sometimes it doesn’t cost us, sometimes it does. 

He’s good at talking and last ditch, brave blocks but he’s limited and nowhere near as good as Konsa. 

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

To quantify it, his positioning is often pretty poor. Today, it was utterly woeful. He has a mistake in him every single game - sometimes it doesn’t cost us, sometimes it does. 

He’s good at talking and last ditch, brave blocks but he’s limited and nowhere near as good as Konsa. 

I don't mean to sound dismissive of any criticism - no player is. Just making the point that if you go through this thread or social media (my mistake on that one I know) a lot of it is guff based on nothing but guesswork. 

For what it's worth though I think at this moment he's better than Konsa, even if Ezri has a higher ceiling. One just gets stick for things that the other doesn't despite similar errors being made by both at a similar rate.

• Like 1

Â