Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Only caught him in the snippet of play leading up to Traore's goal, and that's the extent to which I've seen him.

Looks a very solid young player, was able to navigate that sequence of play with an abundance of quality, control, vision, delivery. 

Very impressive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

JJ is quality and proved it again tonight, aggressive out of possession as well which is a bonus and partly a result of his loan at Doncaster last season. A kid who can play and mix it with big boys bodes well.

Absolutely doesn't need a loan in my book, he needs to (and should) be in and around the first team, 15 appearances this season would do wonders for his development.

Agreed. Shown in a couple of games now he can easily handle lower league opposition off the back of last season’s loan. Let’s be ambitious and have him playing a part in the PL.

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Agreed. Shown in a couple of games now he can easily handle lower league opposition off the back of last season’s loan. Let’s be ambitious and have him playing a part in the PL.

I'm serious he should be starting on pre season form. He looks so good in area that needs improving assuming no new CM comes in

I think the lad looks good so far but it is against lower level opposition in the league cup, having said that I would place him higher in the pecking order than Lansbury which gives him some appearances this year.

39 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I think the lad looks good so far but it is against lower level opposition in the league cup, having said that I would place him higher in the pecking order than Lansbury which gives him some appearances this year.

2 goals against not terrible Arsenal side friendly. He keeps displaying skills that are way above his reputation. I'd rejoice if I saw him on team sheet instead of Hourihane

• Like 2

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Ahead of Hourihane for me. 

• Like 1

He looks pretty mature on the ball methinks. Suspect a full season in the championship on loan is progression wise the best move, but it's not like we're flooded with CM options. One injury to McGinn and he'd be in contention unfortunately or fortunately depending on your position. 

• Like 1

Ill be disappointed if he’s sent out on loan. Our squad is crying out for more ball carriers who are as comfortable on the ball as he clearly is. To stand out in a side full of senior pros in both his competitive appearances so far speaks volumes. Not to mention a brace and standout performance against a good Arsenal side in preseason.

Think he’s giving Deano some food for thought at least, hope he makes the bench for Fulham. He’d be one of the first id bring on if we need to get our foot on the ball when games arent going our way. Really impressed with what ive seen of him, I love it when youth get a chance and actually take it. Been too few and far inbetween for as long as I can remember. You saw our bench against Sheff Utd the other night and it didnt inspire much confidence. Smith said teams are queuing up to take him on loan, he’s probably seeing who we can bring in first before making a decision but id keep him this season regardless, you often see youngsters flourish and contribute when they are surrounded by a better quality of player and then make it impossible to be dropped. Really hope that happens for JR.

I've liked what I've seen of him, but honestly I'd prefer we loaned Barkley and he went out on loan for the season. It's clearly a catch-22 situation where he's probably not *quite* good enough yet to be a proper PL quality midfielder so he won't get that many minutes if he stays, but he won't develop that quality unless he does get minutes. So I'd loan him out with a view to playing him properly next year. Might weaken our squad this year but it'll strengthen us in the long run.

That said it might be interesting to give him a starting place against Fulham to see if he can do enough to cement a place here first. I think it's unlikely but he might demonstrate he already has what it takes if we give him a proper chance. If not, give him another year in the oven.

He looked a level above the Bristol midfield last night, I agree that a Championship loan move would do him a whole lot of good but I think it would have to be to a team looking to finish high up the league. I’m not against him staying though, he carries the ball really well and he always tries to make up for any mistakes he makes. It’s nice to see a few of our academy lads actually doing well and playing competitive games.

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It probably would but I think he is good enough to remain here.

There’s enough prem sides who are going to be championship standard this season.

theres 6 games he could play in the prem and be hitting championship opposition, add another couple of league and FA cup games he should be hitting double figure starts with us anyway. 

Â