Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Presumably will start again against Bristol City next Thursday seen as we play Sheffield United on Monday. Sometimes when people say " needs to go out on loan again or he's a year away from the team " you just have to make a mockery of those statements and grab your chance. Good enough your old enough etc etc.

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Presumably will start again against Bristol City next Thursday seen as we play Sheffield United on Monday. Sometimes when people say " needs to go out on loan again or he's a year away from the team " you just have to make a mockery of those statements and grab your chance. Good enough your old enough etc etc.

yep, needs some game management from deano and a lot of trust but I think we all know enough about Lansbury and probably nakamba, give him the 10 minutes instead

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

From what I've seen of him so far I would give him a season in our first team like Keenan got.

It'll do the lad the world of good.

I'd say 40 Championship games would be better personally but he did look handy the other night. He could come out of nowhere and be ready to contribute like a Guendouzi or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

From what I've seen of him so far I would give him a season in our first team like Keenan got.

It'll do the lad the world of good.

Yeah, certainly has the confidence and belief in his own ability which is key when stepping up. We need to give our youngsters a few more chances in league games; they might just surprise us and provide that extra energy and exuberance we often lack. Particularly this kid, he proved himself on loan last season, scored a couple against Arsenal, and was one of our better players in the cup the other night. Must be riding the crest of a wave at the moment. Hope he makes the squad Monday night.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

needs to go out on loan and play week in week out, would do him good.

Why though ? Why the rigid, structured development plan for talent that comes through the system. I don't want Hourihane, Lansbury and Nakamba getting comfortable knowing they'll be in match day squads no matter how inept their performances are. You want to be challenged. You want to pushed. He earns the right every day he's at BMH with the first team squad as much as the senior players do, to put his hand up for a jersey on match day. Anything else, is tokenism. If Ramsey shows he has the requisite talent ,application and an ability to make the team better - let's have a look at him. If he's lacking a bit, let him out on loan then. Like i said the way games are falling he could put his hand up for a squad place by the time we play Fulham. I say this though only because i think the 3 i mentioned are not exceptionally levels above him, even at his young age. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is he better than Hourihane? That energy and fearlessness of youth can sometimes surprise the opposition. 

From general play ? Even at his young age, possibly. It would be very left field to throw him in Monday. Wilder wouldn't see it coming. Starts at Bristol City i think.

8 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Why though ? Why the rigid, structured development plan for talent that comes through the system. I don't want Hourihane, Lansbury and Nakamba getting comfortable knowing they'll be in match day squads no matter how inept their performances are. You want to be challenged. You want to pushed. He earns the right every day he's at BMH with the first team squad as much as the senior players do, to put his hand up for a jersey on match day. Anything else, is tokenism. If Ramsey shows he has the requisite talent ,application and an ability to make the team better - let's have a look at him. If he's lacking a bit, let him out on loan then. Like i said the way games are falling he could put his hand up for a squad place by the time we play Fulham. I say this though only because i think the 3 i mentioned are not exceptionally levels above him, even at his young age. 

we will probably add a midfielder to the books before the window closes.

Regardless of how good he might be, he wont be in the first 11, so rather than use him 4 or 5 times in a season, we may as well give him a full season to play the mens game in the championship or league 1, it would help his development no end.

Vassilev has just gone out on loan, also 19yrs, players like ramsey who is also 19 should be going out on loan also unless they are gonna be first teamers, or at least play 15+ games, which i dont see.

look at Abraham...he had two loans out and developed massively, we as a club have failed terribly in the past, with arranging loans for our young players to help them develop.

Edited by MaVilla

We'll sign another central midfielder before the window closes, which will relegated Hourihane to the subs bench and allow Jacob to go out on loan.

Then it becomes a question of where he goes, would be nice for him to get a championship club, but Vassilev probably our most loanable young asset alongside Ramsey could only get a move to a league one side, need to send him somewhere where he's going to get games.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

we will probably add a midfielder to the books before the window closes.

Regardless of how good he might be, he wont be in the first 11, so rather than use him 4 or 5 times in a season, we may as well give him a full season to play the mens game in the championship or league 1, it would help his development no end.

Vassilev has just gone out on loan, also 19yrs, players like ramsey who is also 19 should be going out on loan also unless they are gonna be first teamers, or at least play 15+ games, which i dont see.

look at Abraham...he had two loans out and developed massively, we as a club have failed terribly with arranging loans for our young players to help them develop.

I agree re the way we've done loans for players in the past. Horrendous. I don't want this kid playing on a mud bath in league 2 week in week out though. Has to be the right fit for us and him. Smith has said clubs are queuing up for him . You can never guarantee a parent club you'll play their player you've loaned, form dictates that, but we would need assurances he is wanted by the manager of a club after him, rather than an agent doing him wrong and sending him somewhere that is kinda " well i mean we'll take him, sure "

21 minutes ago, useless said:

We'll sign another central midfielder before the window closes, which will relegated Hourihane to the subs bench and allow Jacob to go out on loan.

Then it becomes a question of where he goes, would be nice for him to get a championship club, but Vassilev probably our most loanable young asset alongside Ramsey could only get a move to a league one side, need to send him somewhere where he's going to get games.

I wouldn't be opposed to see him going back to Doncaster again. Be very surprised if they aren't in for him. They'll be competitive in league 1. He walked straight into their team when he went there and he's arguably better now.

Yes I don't think going back to Doncaster would be a bad move as he'd get plenty of game time, in a normal season could have gone there until January and then if having done well maybe move to a championship club. Of course him going to a championship club in the first place would be a good move if one of them want him and will give him plenty of game time.

From what Smith said after the Burton Albion game he's going to be with us until the domestic loan window opens, so will have to see how he gets on until then, might have a bearing on what happens with him.

Â