Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

He needs 40 games at a championship club with a view to breaking through next season. That’s if we can bring in someone like Barkley. 

The unfortunate/fortunate position we find ourselves in is we have a kid who is probably good enough for a lot of game time this season but being a bit part player isn’t good for his development. 

We really haven’t managed our youth well over the past 10 years. Now is the time to change that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He needs 40 games at a championship club with a view to breaking through next season. That’s if we can bring in someone like Barkley. 

The unfortunate/fortunate position we find ourselves in is we have a kid who is probably good enough for a lot of game time this season but being a bit part player isn’t good for his development. 

We really haven’t managed our youth well over the past 10 years. Now is the time to change that. 

We definetely haven't managed our loans well. My thinking is : he's had a few games, been training with the squad all summer. Looks the part. He's clearly not a million miles away from the first team thing. If your saying Luiz, Hourihane and McGinn are your midfield 3 and the general consensus in here on form and ability is Ramsey is pushing Hourihane, then he clearly isn't a year away or maybe not even a bit part player. Yes i agree though if Barkley comes in that changes things.

• Like 1

Promising performances but not the first time we’ve seen that with young players at Villa.

Needs to build on it, preferably on loan at a good championship side, IF we sign a another midfielder.

If he's going to a championship club I think we should insist that he has it written into his contract that he has to play a certain amount of games, no good sending him to a team and he's sitting on their bench more often than not, if we're going to do that we'd be better off sending him to a league one side, or even keeping him with us. In fact has it stands I don't think he's far off from making our best eleven, Hourihane probably just edges it at the moment because of his experience and knack for assists and goals.

Villa might decide to keep him on the periphery. Look at Curtis Jones, can't say he's a first team player at Liverpool and certainly going to be much more difficult with him now Thiago has come in. Liverpool have turned back a lot of loans for him apparently. Realistically though, i expect Ramsey to be gone out by October 16th. 

Looking the part to me and I can see us integrating him into the match day squad this season, particularly if we do not land another CM.

I really want to see us bringing through youth players, if they’re good enough they’re old enough and we can’t keep spending £100M every summer. 

It’s not great that Grealish is the only real academy player to be in the first team squad (up until now), Davis kind of came through but not really, we picked him up as a late teen.

We’ve done well for years in creating players who go on to have very decent careers at championship level and below primarily, let’s see if we can start churning out genuine PL quality players regularly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

pecking order in centre midfield for 3 positions if dont include Jack is

Luiz

McGinn

Hourihane

Nakamba

Ramsey

Lansbury

Lansbury played 10 games last year so will be game time for Ramsey

Based on games so far I'd play Ramsey and Lansbury ahead of Hourihane happily

The ball for Traore goal was disgusting. More outrageous than the goal imo. Absolute defence splitter. I'm sure Dean will have noticed. I would not be sorry if Ramsey lined up in starting XI against Fulham

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

cant remember us producing a centre midfielder from the academy in a while, maybe Gary Gardner was the last one

You are Gareth Southgate and I claim my ten pounds. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing: McGinn - Douglas Luiz - Ramsey TBH

Exactly Luiz and McGinn or Ramsey in double pivot and the other play CAM behind Watkins with Grealish and Traore either side

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

Obviously the coaching staff know if he is ready or not but from what we’ve seen in the last two league cup games he has made a good claim to feature on Monday. All the so called top 6 have used youngsters even though they have high profile players or more experience players to pick from.  Why can’t we?

30 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The ball for Traore goal was disgusting. More outrageous than the goal imo. Absolute defence splitter. I'm sure Dean will have noticed. I would not be sorry if Ramsey lined up in starting XI against Fulham

The run was equally impressive. Opposition accounted for. 

We know he could go and smash it in The Championship, but if the coaching staff think he's good enough to be 4th/5th choice at PL level then I am all for it.

I'd still want another centre mid, but Ramsey looks ready for showtime in the big show. 

Â