Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Keep until the end of the window, if we haven’t brought in anyone, then he stays and will get game time. If we have brought in one or two then likely send him out for a loan

I'm completely with you.  He looks a real prospect.

It all depends what business we do between now and the window shutting.  If we bring in an 8 and keep Hourihane (which it looks like we will) then I would let him go out to a decent footballing team (say Swansea or Forest) in the Championship and get 30+ games under his belt, coming back next season as a better player with good experience, as Gallagher has for Chelsea.

Same thought process as with Kienan Davis for me.  If we bring in another 9 then let him go and play games for PNE for 12 months.  If not, he stays and he should get serious minutes.

• Like 1

Grealish has mentioned multiple times about how his time at Notts was a huge part of his growth as a footballer. Really hope we sign another CM and send Ramsey out on loan during the winter window. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He pleased me again with his performance against Bristol.

He needs to stay around the first team.

mightily impressed, the kid looks so aware of his surroundings.

• Like 2

I'm sure he's come up in conversations between Smith and the coaches since Thursday. They are in a bit of a bind. I think a few weeks ago the plan was set in stone for Ramsey to go out on loan ( might still be ) but he's thrown a bit of a spanner in the works with how he's played in the 2 league cup games, coupled with the fact Hourihane is hit and miss and McGinn has been out of form for a long while now and has fitness issues. Don't think they can pull the trigger on a loan just yet.

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 2

My ideal scenario for Monday is that we can get 2-0 up with 10-15 to go throw Ramsey on. The problem with the championship is he'll be so far ahead of the opposition it'll be too easy for him. Physically he is already a man. It's like Rooney all those years ago for Everton he was ready. 

Two hardest things for any youngster coming in are physicality and tactical awareness. Ramsey seems to have both. 

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

My ideal scenario for Monday is that we can get 2-0 up with 10-15 to go throw Ramsey on. The problem with the championship is he'll be so far ahead of the opposition it'll be too easy for him. Physically he is already a man. It's like Rooney all those years ago for Everton he was ready. 

Two hardest things for any youngster coming in are physicality and tactical awareness. Ramsey seems to have both. 

I can’t agree,the best thing would be a full season in the championship for him.

He needs to learn by playing loads of minutes so he is a genuine contender to start for us.

We aren’t two goals clear in many games for the final 20 minutes so it restricts playing time.

Unless the lad is special, which is rare then we can’t risk it yet.

If he succeeds in the league below he can hit the ground running next year and be a more productive member for us.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I can’t agree,the best thing would be a full season in the championship for him.

He needs to learn by playing loads of minutes so he is a genuine contender to start for us.

We aren’t two goals clear in many games for the final 20 minutes so it restricts playing time.

Unless the lad is special, which is rare then we can’t risk it yet.

If he succeeds in the league below he can hit the ground running next year and be a more productive member for us.

I'd play him over Hourihane every day of the week and twice on Sundays

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'd play him over Hourihane every day of the week and twice on Sundays

I wouldn’t, I don’t know the lad and neither does anyone but the coaching staff.

He needs minutes for a fan to judge him accurately 

18 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I wouldn’t, I don’t know the lad and neither does anyone but the coaching staff.

He needs minutes for a fan to judge him accurately 

Hourihane has been a good servant to the club but I would play Ramsey ahead of him against Fulham and Stoke than re-assess the situation again based on how well he does. He has shown enough for me so far to see he has a chance of great things but I can see that there are benefits of him going out on loan again as his brief move to Doncaster was cut short by C19.

However He has a chance to shine right now and so far he certainly has, it may have been against lesser teams but class is still class and he has shown he definitely has it in him. 

Like last season we have one main aim which is to stay in the prem, this time with the added goal of stability but it still means that to some degree the pressure is less on him especially as there is no crowd to increase the tension.

The window does not close until October 16th for EFL business so plenty of time to take a breath and get the decision right but for me I would keep him in and round the first team and give him some freedom to develop with us and show us what he is made of. I think the lad will prove what he is made of but if he does struggle we can still loan him out in Jan without upsetting his progress to much or effecting our position in the Prem...

He has all the right attributes and comes a a cross as a bloody nice lad as well so good luck to him, and he is a local lad .....

In fact the more I think about it the more I certain I am he should stay with the first team and fight to cement a place right now, the opportunity is primed for him 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Edit see below 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

I enjoyed watching him play on Thursday but he doesn’t look ready for PL at all in my eyes. He might be able to do a job but still looks a little light weight and naive at times.

I think he stays for the cup run and then a loan out to somewhere he can play every week. Will come back a different player. Given the talent he has that could well be someone ready to contribute to us. 

It's far too early to say he's worthy of being a starter for us after two good league cup games. I'm not saying he's bad, but we might be getting ahead of ourselves here.

Personally I'd keep him around though, making him a nailed in starter for all cup games and giving him regular minutes at the end of games were doing well in. If he continues to make a good account of himself, then we'll know he's ready.

22 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

It's far too early to say he's worthy of being a starter for us after two good league cup games. I'm not saying he's bad, but we might be getting ahead of ourselves here.

Personally I'd keep him around though, making him a nailed in starter for all cup games and giving him regular minutes at the end of games were doing well in. If he continues to make a good account of himself, then we'll know he's ready.

He’s got something about him. Agree he should getting minutes rather than starting though.

Â