Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Just now, DCJonah said:

Should be in the squad but a risk to throw him in. This is a winnable game and while I think mcginn has been poor, he's still the safe bet to start.

It is a risk for sure but he looks up to it, I'm not dropping SJM for him though, Connor.....

Jackie        Ollie       Bertie

Ramsey    Dougie    Johnny

Matty  Mingsy  Ezri😏  Matty

Emi

That would knock Fulham in to next week for me🤞

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Should be in the squad but a risk to throw him in. This is a winnable game and while I think mcginn has been poor, he's still the safe bet to start.

I'm pretty sure it would be instead of Hourihane, if anybody. It's surely only VillaTalk who are entertaining the idea of dropping McGinn. 

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

It is a risk for sure but he looks up to it, I'm not dropping SJM for him though, Connor.....

Jackie        Ollie       Bertie

Ramsey    Dougie    Johnny

Matty  Mingsy  Ezri😏  Matty

Emi

That would knock Fulham in to next week for me🤞

Yeah, stupid me. I was picturing Jack in cm. 

Yeah, I wouldn't be against that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

On balance I think he should stay even if we add another midfielder. There are bound to be plenty of injuries and need for rotation with the compact nature of this season. A team that regularly needs to use Hourihane definitely has room for a kid of his quality. I’d hope that the coaches know enough about him to decide what’s best for both him and the team. 

I agree Dave.

I do see advantages, him going out on loan, they learn the mans game.....but I also see disadvantages too.

Its like other folk bringing up your kids.

He needs close tutoring now, its tweaking as opposed to radical changes to his game and needs to be blended in to the Prem and our team.....He can be more closely monitored at B6.

I want him to stay with us and break through.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm pretty sure it would be instead of Hourihane, if anybody. It's surely only VillaTalk who are entertaining the idea of dropping McGinn. 

Yeah, there's no chance McGinn gets dropped. Last season when he was struggling a bit we really saw the step off in quality when he got injured. He's an excellent player.

With Ramsey, I’d keep him around the squad getting minutes and starting cup games, until the last few days of the window. Loan him out to the championship until January where hopefully he’d get some good game time. Reassess the position again in January and see if we have injuries, new signings settled etc.

Keep this guy and dont shove him on loan. If were to get rid of Ghazi then we should certainly have Ramsey on the bench. I mean have to say I'd play Ramsey before Ghazi anyway.

Seems to put in a performance no matter where you put the lad.

Ramsey's good enough to be a squad member this season but we have to look at the bigger picture and choose what's the best for his development in the long term, people want to keep him after two good performances against weaker oppposition, but what happens if his form drops as often happens with youngsters when they first breakthrough, people will want him dropped, it's no good him staying with us if he's going to be a bit part player getting fifteen minutes here and there, he's better off going somewhere where he's going to be first choice and get a consistent run of games something he hasn't had in his career to date at senior level.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, useless said:

Ramsey's good enough to be a squad member this season but we have to look at the bigger picture and choose what's the best for his development in the long term, people want to keep him after two good performances against weaker oppposition, but what happens if his form drops as often happens with youngsters when they first breakthrough, people will want him dropped, it's no good him staying with us if he's going to be a bit part player getting fifteen minutes here and there, he's better off going somewhere where he's going to be first choice and get a consistent run of games something he hasn't had in his career to date at senior level.

we do tend to give academy players a bit more time than new signings though. green was abysmal for us but there was always a real willingness for him to do well for us and many still calling to give him gametime right until the end

i do think he should stay with us, he might not be playing regular PL football but he will be in and around the squad every day, will probably be in most matchday squads too. it will do him wonders than shipping him out to leyton orient or something

35 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

we do tend to give academy players a bit more time than new signings though. green was abysmal for us but there was always a real willingness for him to do well for us and many still calling to give him gametime right until the end

i do think he should stay with us, he might not be playing regular PL football but he will be in and around the squad every day, will probably be in most matchday squads too. it will do him wonders than shipping him out to leyton orient or something

Lightyears better than Green

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Lightyears better than Green

Being subjective, I'd say they're had similar levels of success. I'm happy with Ramsey so far, I think his age shines through more than anything though. Performance wise I think lansbury was better in both games I watched which is why I'd rather see Ramsey on loan and still learning, he has potential to go further but needs to play games. 

Making the next step is the hardest.

If we bring in a midfielder I think he will go out on loan just before the deadline so he is with the group as long as possible, if we don't then I think it makes sense to keep him. In terms of his development pro's and con's to each, ultimately though if he is good enough he will make it work either way.

Be nice to see him get some minutes tonight. He’s got to look at Hourihane’s place and make that his aim. At least while he’s being picked for match day squads, he has the chance to impress the same as any other player does. I’d love him to take it. 

• Like 1

Â