Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

I can’t agree,the best thing would be a full season in the championship for him.

He needs to learn by playing loads of minutes so he is a genuine contender to start for us.

We aren’t two goals clear in many games for the final 20 minutes so it restricts playing time.

Unless the lad is special, which is rare then we can’t risk it yet.

If he succeeds in the league below he can hit the ground running next year and be a more productive member for us.

Firstly playing against cloggers isn't the best thing for him. And playing with cloggers will make him regress. Secondly he is special.

Finally JT and Dean Smith have already stated and keep reiterating that the standards in training have gone up a level. 

The kid's ready. If he has to be loaned then sending him abroad to a technical league will be better for him than the dross in the championship. He's stood out in the games he has played.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Firstly playing against cloggers isn't the best thing for him. And playing with cloggers will make him regress. Secondly he is special.

Finally JT and Dean Smith have already stated and keep reiterating that the standards in training have gone up a level. 

The kid's ready. If he has to be loaned then sending him abroad to a technical league will be better for him than the dross in the championship. He's stood out in the games he has played.

I'm more playing devils advocate than disagreeing with what you've written completely, but there are plenty of sides in the championship playing nicer football than we do that he'd get to play for weekly, and plenty of sides abroad that play awful football and unless Ramsey is fluent in other languages he could struggle on a personal level abroad. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Classic. Complain about other teams promoting their gun youth players and we don't. Find one and it's send him out on loan and play Joe average players like Hourihane. I honestly give up on this matter. 

Two things, the obsession with Hourihane is a bit worrying.

We all agree he needs time /minutes on the pitch in order to develop. Where is he more likely to get that and what is best for him.

If he was guaranteed 5 starts and 10 subs appearances for the first team he stays. 

If we are in for more midfielders, I'd say this wont happen this year and needs to go on loan to a footballing team.

I dont think we can make a judgement until the end of the window.

• Like 1

He needs to start tomorrow, he looks like he has the ability and Fulham would be the perfect test of his composure and ability to deal with the pressure of the premiership. If good its like a new signing, if looks like not ready yet then can still find him a decent loan move.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He needs to start tomorrow, he looks like he has the ability and Fulham would be the perfect test of his composure and ability to deal with the pressure of the premiership. If good its like a new signing, if looks like not ready yet then can still find him a decent loan move.

That's what I don't get. That dink pass for Traore goal was opponent irrelevant. It's just great football brain. He's hungry and he's capable. Play him!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cosmik Debris said:

Hourihane has been a good servant to the club but I would play Ramsey ahead of him against Fulham and Stoke than re-assess the situation again based on how well he does. He has shown enough for me so far to see he has a chance of great things but I can see that there are benefits of him going out on loan again as his brief move to Doncaster was cut short by C19.

However He has a chance to shine right now and so far he certainly has, it may have been against lesser teams but class is still class and he has shown he definitely has it in him. 

Like last season we have one main aim which is to stay in the prem, this time with the added goal of stability but it still means that to some degree the pressure is less on him especially as there is no crowd to increase the tension.

The window does not close until October 16th for EFL business so plenty of time to take a breath and get the decision right but for me I would keep him in and round the first team and give him some freedom to develop with us and show us what he is made of. I think the lad will prove what he is made of but if he does struggle we can still loan him out in Jan without upsetting his progress to much or effecting our position in the Prem...

He has all the right attributes and comes a a cross as a bloody nice lad as well so good luck to him, and he is a local lad .....

In fact the more I think about it the more I certain I am he should stay with the first team and fight to cement a place right now, the opportunity is primed for him 👍

Yea you’re right he could always go out on loan in January it would have the same effect in my eyes.

15 minutes ago, striker said:

Wonder would Brentford take him on loan as part of any deal for Benramha? 

I just don’t think we are in for him or it would have surely been done.

I also don’t think it would bring the price down 

I am tempted to say leave him here, he should be around the first team now.

He needs to start integrating with the lads.....He is ready to start pinching minutes, particularly in games where we are not struggling.....he needs to be introduced gradually, like Gareth Barry was.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

100% and the hunger part is the key

I've shown loads of football fan mates of other teams the goal and there's the whole quality goal but was it a goal or a cross and I'm like yeah but what about the assist. He receives pass right of centre circle nothing on, goes left into space then sees he can travel forward, checks his run twice to avoid opposition then looks up and sees Traore in space. It's incredible. I'm genuinely excited by this kid as a player

• Like 3

Got to imagine Jack having a say here. If he thinks Ramsey should be starting or getting into the squad, with his being captain and general influence around the place, he will be telling Deano as much to get him in. What we do know is he rated very highly, I trust the management to make the right calls with him this season. If he is loaned out, we’ll surely put an anytime recall option in as we could be left short in midfield options if/when the inevitable injuries and suspensions pile up. I wouldnt be against him even starting tomorrow, another really exciting player to watch on the ball. Fans already love him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Got to imagine Jack having a say here. If he thinks Ramsey should be starting or getting into the squad, with his being captain and general influence around the place, he will be telling Deano as much to get him in. What we do know is he rated very highly, I trust the management to make the right calls with him this season. If he is loaned out, we’ll surely put an anytime recall option in as we could be left short in midfield options if/when the inevitable injuries and suspensions pile up. I wouldnt be against him even starting tomorrow, another really exciting player to watch on the ball. Fans already love him.

I think the management will know when to play him and when to rest him....he will be gradually introduced and gain more minutes incrementally.

• Like 1

On balance I think he should stay even if we add another midfielder. There are bound to be plenty of injuries and need for rotation with the compact nature of this season. A team that regularly needs to use Hourihane definitely has room for a kid of his quality. I’d hope that the coaches know enough about him to decide what’s best for both him and the team. 

57 minutes ago, striker said:

Wonder would Brentford take him on loan as part of any deal for Benramha? 

Brentford apparently dont do loan deals to develop other teams players. I also dont think we are in for Benrahma

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Should be in the squad but a risk to throw him in. This is a winnable game and while I think mcginn has been poor, he's still the safe bet to start.

• Like 1

Â