Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

38 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Only had the radio on so didn't see how he did. Decent PL debut?

His tactical awareness is impressive. Reads the game well. Kept it simple and he added presence. They resorted to fouling him to get the ball off him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m so pleased that we have such a united group of players, excellent team spirit and seemingly no bad eggs. There seems to be a genuine rapport & friendship between all the players and they all want to contribute to our success. Plenty of fight, passion & determination.

Seems like a great place and environment to train and play football.

We just need to continue adding quality and our existing players will continue to improve. Most are young and hungry.

Dean has so much class & integrity too.

👏 

Good times.

UTV

The fight to stay up has really helped, I think. People call for premier league experience but we already have a good collection of that with great spirit. Happy days. We will still lose games but we are growing and we own the players who are improving. First time we have had that in years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

I love this ❤️

I just came on to post this. 

Sounds like they have got the team spirit bang on.  

Remembering the days of poisonous players, divisions in the squad and buying utter dick heads over the last few years its great to see and shows they are following through on the culture and professionalism they said they were going to instil in the club. 

He played just fine when he came on too. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I’m so pleased that we have such a united group of players, excellent team spirit and seemingly no bad eggs. There seems to be a genuine rapport & friendship between all the players and they all want to contribute to our success. Plenty of fight, passion & determination.

Seems like a great place and environment to train and play football.

We just need to continue adding quality and our existing players will continue to improve. Most are young and hungry.

Dean has so much class & integrity too.

👏 

Good times.

UTV

Absolutely spot on. 

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

He makes us a more cohesive midfield unit, as much as I love Connor, I think we need a class MF to replace him and Jacob on the bench. Connor would want to play let alone fight to get on the bench so if we could get a decent fee I'd do it.

I noticed when he came on, the passing and movement got zippier. He encourages quick play.

Troare as well.

Really pleased for him. I think sometimes you can just see in a couple of minutes if players have that touch of Class with how they handle the ball and there movement around the pitch and he looks like he has that. 
been really impressed with the cup games and getting premier league minutes will do him the world of good. I think he needs to be permanently in the match day squad this season building up his experience and match minutes.

11 hours ago, Jas10 said:

That is really lovely to read for all sorts of reasons, but to echo what others have said, Jacob earned those minutes and great to see him out there.

Here's hoping he can be a big player for us in the future.

Even if he turns out to be a bit-part player for us, it's so important to show the academy youth that they can and will break into the first team with the right attitude and a bit of talent.

Under no illusions that Ramsay is the new messiah, but he seems composed and does the basics well. More of this lad please!

• Like 2

I’d start him on Sunday against Liverpool. I’m sure it’s not the approach that DS would take, but I’d blood him properly in that match as it’s a free swing, especially after winning the first 2 games. More likely start against Stoke and another cameo on Sunday.

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

I’d start him on Sunday against Liverpool. I’m sure it’s not the approach that DS would take, but I’d blood him properly in that match as it’s a free swing, especially after winning the first 2 games. More likely start against Stoke and another cameo on Sunday.

I don't agree that any match is a free swing. We gave them a really good game last season with a worse squad than this, so why not try and get the win this time?

• Like 3

Â