Christian Purslow

villan-scott

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Very concerned we've sacked a boss the whole squad loves without a plan of how to replace him.

Maybe so, but I would be equally concerned if we signed the whole new management team right away. 

It would show that we were planning for a replacement for a longer time behind Smith's back, and we never really committed to his philosophy/methods. It would also show that the new management team is happy to be on 'standby' just in case we sacked Smith. That wouldn't be a good sign because established managers with backing of their board don't flirt with other teams just in case - they are commited to their projects.

Getting rid of the management team is not easy, and it's a good job we did it during the international break.

I think the process is a difficult one - and some sacrifices (a couple of weeks without a manager) have to be made.

But what I agree with, is that they better get on it quick - every passing day is a day wasted. 

It's a bit early to be saying that we have sacked a manager with no plan in place for a replacement.

I imagine the club have shortlisted some names, probably reached out to them, and will now look to interview them and work out which is the right man for the job.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Even if they haven’t got someone lined up they have 2 weeks to sort someone out. What’s the big deal?

As for Purslow I’ve never really liked him. But then he isn’t in the job to be liked so who cares?

Come on mate ! - this is the club we all love. If Christian Purslow is good at his job then you would like him - same for players etc - if they are good we like them. It doesn't really matter whether you like them in some fictional world where you spend 2 weeks on a barge holiday with Purslow.

Big moment for him. He needs to land a manager that most feel is out of our reach - or employer a duffer who turns out like Moyes at West Ham.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Come on mate ! - this is the club we all love. If Christian Purslow is good at his job then you would like him - same for players etc - if they are good we like them. It doesn't really matter whether you like them in some fictional world where you spend 2 weeks on a barge holiday with Purslow.

Big moment for him. He needs to land a manager that most feel is out of our reach - or employer a duffer who turns out like Moyes at West Ham.

Will that’s my point. I don’t like him. He makes me feel uneasy 🤣 

But I don’t care because I trust he knows what he is doing.  

Don’t agree with the bold. I never like MON. Thought he was a rocket polisher. But I liked many things during the team he was with us.  My point is you don’t really need to like anyone at the club. You just need them to do a good job. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Even if they haven’t got someone lined up they have 2 weeks to sort someone out. What’s the big deal?

As for Purslow I’ve never really liked him. But then he isn’t in the job to be liked so who cares?

What's the big deal? I need to actually do some work and take my mind off this bloody fiasco!

• Haha 1

Sawiris and Edens are a pair of 'hands on'businessmen who are extremely good at their jobs. Purslow is apparently trusted and fully backed by our owners and they are shrewd judges of character.

Christian may have a bit of an ego but that self belief is probably necessary when you're the CEO of a very ambitious company. I've been impressed with his quiet and professional demeanour, and I honestly believe that there are very few people (if any) who have a greater knowledge of the operating mechanism of the Premier League than he does.

In my opinion we're fortunate to have him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

Sawiris and Edens are a pair of 'hands on'businessmen who are extremely good at their jobs. Purslow is apparently trusted and fully backed by our owners and they are shrewd judges of character.

Christian may have a bit of an ego but that self belief is probably necessary when you're the CEO of a very ambitious company. I've been impressed with his quiet and professional demeanour, and I honestly believe that there are very few people (if any) who have a greater knowledge of the operating mechanism of the Premier League than he does.

In my opinion we're fortunate to have him.

I agree, but this is a very big test of his abilities. Think fans (and players) will turn quite quickly if he gets this one wrong.

10 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

As a minority owner, how would moving him on work? Not saying we should yet but would it make it difficult?

Its usually pretty easy. He will get the option to buy his shares and off he goes. In technology at least (my field) most CEO's get given a stake a the business so its not unusual.

Anyway its simple, CEO gets fired and they get given a time period to exercise their stock. 

• Like 1

Deserves the sack. 

Setting us back years with myopic, machiavellian moves.

Smith back in. First good manager we've had since MON (the early years). First we've had in my adult life that actually cared about the club as more than a stepping stone.

#PurslowOut #LangeOut

• Haha 1

Â