Christian Purslow

villan-scott

Have to say, putting the partisan stuff to one side, that on this one I agree with Jordan. The PL is a giant that stands atop the shoulders of the EFL, and would not be where it is without the historical support of the pyramid.

There is an obligation on behalf of the Premier league to support lower leagues.  

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Have to say, putting the partisan stuff to one side, that on this one I agree with Jordan. The PL is a giant that stands atop the shoulders of the EFL, and would not be where it is without the historical support of the pyramid.

There is an obligation on behalf of the Premier league to support lower leagues.  

There is an holistic argument that needs to be considered before, we throw our oars in.

I think CP also makes some good points.....We have to also consider our own clubs position, too.

While I broadly agree with you, @TRO I was addressing a poster on the previous page specifically saying he's "one of our own".

I don't dislike him personally, I don't know him, but I view him and his sort of capitalist swine as a necessary evil in the modern game, not someone to admire or support.

It's better for Aston Villa in 21st century English football to have Purslow inside pissing out than outside pissing in, but I think it'd be a better sport without him and his chums involved at all.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We should be pumping money into grass roots. Money should be stopped from leaving the game in the hundreds of millions to agents that do nothing for the sport.

As for topping up lower league clubs. What is the point. Honestly?

They will continue to spend beyond their means. They will just do that exactly the same way and to the same degree. Always.

The system is broken.

Derby and Villa play off final.

What we both did to get to that final was absolutely abhorrent. The reckless spending the disgusting throwing of money around. I am absolute partially ashamed of those years.

So yeah why would support a club that acted as we did.

We deserved to go to the wall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We should be pumping money into grass roots. Money should be stopped from leaving the game in the hundreds of millions to agents that do nothing for the sport.

As for topping up lower league clubs. What is the point. Honestly?

They will continue to spend beyond their means. They will just do that exactly the same way and to the same degree. Always.

The system is broken.

Derby and Villa play off final.

What we both did to get to that final was absolutely abhorrent. The reckless spending the disgusting throwing of money around. I am absolute partially ashamed of those years.

So yeah why would support a club that acted as we did.

We deserved to go to the wall.

Under Xia who was complete fraud yes. I don’t think we would have been in such a mess had we not won that play off. We got promoted a year ahead of schedule didnt we?

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I find the fawning over Purslow a bit weird. He's not one of us, the golden goose he doesn't want to kill is their ability to milk us of every penny they can. While his goals for the club may match ours in part, it's a coincidence and the motivations are very different. Hearing him speak leaves me cold.

We don't often agree, but when we do...............

26 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

While I broadly agree with you, @TRO I was addressing a poster on the previous page specifically saying he's "one of our own".

I don't dislike him personally, I don't know him, but I view him and his sort of capitalist swine as a necessary evil in the modern game, not someone to admire or support.

It's better for Aston Villa in 21st century English football to have Purslow inside pissing out than outside pissing in, but I think it'd be a better sport without him and his chums involved at all.

Soz...

as for Capitalism or any other form of economic system attempting to keep us ALL happy, best of luck with that.

I admire anyone, who makes the best of a global system, that very few of us can change, The distribution of wealth is as tough a subject as sorting out the ills of world Peace....best to make the most of what we have.

These guys IMO, are doing a job for us, way beyond my wildest dreams, so forgive me for supporting them..... as for perfection in such folk, that is something, I fear is for the birds.

The best pursuit in life, is to be happy......If these guys can deliver a bloody good football team, consistently....I for one will be happy....so far the signs are good.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

While his goals for the club may match ours in part, it's a coincidence and the motivations are very different.

He is a multi millionaire part owner of the club, we are supporters. Of course his goals and motivations for the club are going to be different in ways to ours. 

Adding £500m worth of value to the club is nice for us supporters to a degree, for him its a 150ft yacht and an estate in the Cotswolds. 

43 minutes ago, TRO said:

I couldn't disagree more.

what do you want us to be Rotherham?

What exactly is this "one of us" obsession....In the History of our great club, this has rarely been the case, even William McGregor, was not originally "one of us"....He just lost his heart to us.

Many folk passing through the annals of time and through the corridors of Aston Villa's history, have come to develop a fondness for us....its an easy club to become emotionally attached to, but......

We just need people who can do the job and progress us back to elite status of English Football...irrespective of their origin.

What is weird, is expecting every demanding role to be filled at B6 has to come from the fanbase...because that is the illusion being peddled.

Fans have a huge role to fulfill and its not running the Football club.

It seems like there are 2 different conversations ongoing.

1 about Purslow, an employee of the club (though he has some shares) and another about the club itself.

I share @Davkaus's "cold" feelings towards Purslow. He's an executive. I'm sure he wants the paying fans to feel well disposed towards him and the actions he takes, and I'm sure he knows we'll all have a myriad of views, but ultimately he works for NSWE and they are his bosses. He does their bidding. Much of it is of less interest to us than the team's performances and results. That this other stuff leaves some people cold is of no surprise, is it?

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

It seems like there are 2 different conversations ongoing.

1 about Purslow, an employee of the club (though he has some shares) and another about the club itself.

I share @Davkaus's "cold" feelings towards Purslow. He's an executive. I'm sure he wants the paying fans to feel well disposed towards him and the actions he takes, and I'm sure he knows we'll all have a myriad of views, but ultimately he works for NSWE and they are his bosses. He does their bidding. Much of it is of less interest to us than the team's performances and results. That this other stuff leaves some people cold is of no surprise, is it?

It doesn't leave me cold at all....If he makes good decisions on behalf of the club, it gives me "a warm glow" inside.

I guess we see things differently on this.

• Like 2

Purslow wouldn't expect a handout from the champions league clubs to fund us (or the rest of the premier league).

Not sure why it is so much different that there is an expectation that the PL should fund the rest of the pyramid. If there is such a need (unlike any other industry in the world), then the entire system is broken (it is) and needs revamping (it does).

Purslow held his own well, but guess he'd never call out the issues with an industry he depends on. 

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

It doesn't leave me cold at all....If he makes good decisions on behalf of the club, it gives me "a warm glow" inside.

Fair enough. The Club is doing some thing with Non Fungible Tokens. It's done some things with Season ticket holders and passing on tickets, it's done some things (or not done them so much) around consultation, it's done some things around the pricing of tickets...

He's polished, intelligent, knowledgeable, focused, well educated - lots of good stuff. But, but from time to time I come across people like that at work - talking about "delivering value", and efficiencies and leveraging shareholder blah blah...

The only ones who actually make things better overall, as opposed to collecting a ton of money for themselves and then moving on, or being moved on, are the ones that "get" the essence of what they are involved in. I guess he'd say he does exactly that. Does get "it" and Villa. But part of me wonders how much he or the club feel they want to keep us lot happy around stuff like the details that affect us directly. They basically don't live in our world. Maybe they'd say they want to keep the paying customers happy and coming back for more. But at the same time they want to achieve their aims around TV money, income and all the rest. Much of that stuff runs against our interests or experiences.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, blandy said:

Fair enough. The Club is doing some thing with Non Fungible Tokens. It's done some things with Season ticket holders and passing on tickets, it's done some things (or not done them so much) around consultation, it's done some things around the pricing of tickets...

He's polished, intelligent, knowledgeable, focused, well educated - lots of good stuff. But, but from time to time I come across people like that at work - talking about "delivering value", and efficiencies and leveraging shareholder blah blah...

The only ones who actually make things better overall, as opposed to collecting a ton of money for themselves and then moving on, or being moved on, are the ones that "get" the essence of what they are involved in. I guess he'd say he does exactly that. Does get "it" and Villa. But part of me wonders how much he or the club feel they want to keep us lot happy around stuff like the details that affect us directly. They basically don't live in our world. Maybe they'd say they want to keep the paying customers happy and coming back for more. But at the same time they want to achieve their aims around TV money, income and all the rest. Much of that stuff runs against our interests or experiences.

Well, They ain't going to do it for nothing, and in the circles they move, they must be seen to be good at what they do, who is going to trade or deal with folk that lose money, in the long term....Credibility is important, to interaction.

I can think of many past owners, you would have a much better bet of being supported on, than these, diamonds.

I am sure if it was necessary to research, Santa Claus, some dirt could be found.....The thing is here Pete, I just want a football team to be proud of, and go down every match with hope and a reasonable sense of expectancy that we will give the opposition a game. I am not in to big business and the world it moves in, my wants are fairly modest.

I am sure the running of the club, will rub some up the wrong way, but that has been the case in just about every administration, since we was formed....why sweat the small stuff?

Its not mutually exclusive to make a ton of money and still deliver a great match day experience.

Whether we like it or not, competing for the best players possible, requires huge finances, and it doesn't grow on trees or can keep being funded by sugar daddies....it requires a sustainable income stream, in the long term and people like Purslow are the ones we count on to deliver it.

So far, I think we could do a lot worse.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Â