Christian Purslow

villan-scott

On 13/11/2021 at 06:06, villalad21 said:

The fact that Purslow said they were disappointed with the 2nd half of the season tells me he was already under pressure before the season and was not happy with 11th.

It was a missed opportunity in fairness. our game plan was solely based around having Grealish fit. As soon as he was out we struggled. If he had have been fit for the majority of the season and not lose him for three months then I'm confident we would have finished with a lot more points. 

24 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

It was a missed opportunity in fairness. our game plan was solely based around having Grealish fit. As soon as he was out we struggled. If he had have been fit for the majority of the season and not lose him for three months then I'm confident we would have finished with a lot more points. 

And that's why Smith is no longer here.

You don't build your team around one player. Really poor planning.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i think Purslow looked really tired in the press conference.

I think it was just the lighting - there's a press room at Bodymoor they usually use for this but today they decided to move it to the Trinity Road Stand, I guess to accommodate more of the press - the lighting was a bit peculiar - all pink and orange and blue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it was just the lighting - there's a press room at Bodymoor they usually use for this but today they decided to move it to the Trinity Road Stand, I guess to accommodate more of the press - the lighting was a bit peculiar - all pink and orange and blue.

Two wildly different light sources, probably a warm light for video badly positioned so the rest of the light in the room was either natural light from outside or indoor fluorescent making all their shadowy areas look bluer like around the eyes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

Two wildly different light sources, probably a warm light for video badly positioned so the rest of the light in the room was either natural light from outside or indoor fluorescent making all their shadowy areas look bluer like around the eyes.

missed opportunity not only using underlit light sources in a dark room. we would have looked so menacing.

• Haha 3

On 18/11/2021 at 11:35, MaVilla said:

i think Purslow looked really tired in the press conference.

He had been at Star City with Stevie G most of the previous night at a late night film screening, the new boss nearly gave it away during the press conference. :D

image.jpeg.1ff806b034ada27e9b9d7a15ff64828a.jpeg

32 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Purslow going to be on Talksport shortly discussing the new solidarity payments and regulation on football clubs. 

He seems to be the go-to by the media for discussing this sort of thing. He has a pretty high profile.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Regardless of the subject, I've wanted these two to have a blast for ages, two master debaters, CP could hold his own with anyone. Absolute badass.

Not many hold their own against Jordan, Jordan had to wait until he went off air to get his own agenda over and to a degree he tried to make Purslow look bad

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Not many hold their own against Jordan, Jordan had to wait until he went off air to get his own agenda over and to a degree he tried to make Purslow look bad

Ha, i quite like SJ most of the time but not when he's up against one of our own.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Regardless of the subject, I've wanted these two to have a blast for ages, two master debaters, CP could hold his own with anyone. Absolute badass.

Other than 'goodwill' and 'it being a nice thing to do', I see no good reason why Aston Villa should be giving money to Burton Albion.

The EFL benefits from a lot of the work that the PL does, and the tesco argument (with a pinch of salt) very much applies. 

• Like 2

Why purslow? 

And yeah I agree mic the PL should make a contribution to the FA and the EFL because the money is obscene but Jordans argument of the PL pillaging the EFL doesn't ring true for me, you have to pay for the players, depending on where you put Norwich our last 2 EFL players cost us £60m

Personally I think the answer is a bigger share of the CL money trickling down to the grassroots, the £50m to £100m prize money the 4 clubs will get every year is more damaging and should be shared 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Why purslow? 

And yeah I agree mic the PL should make a contribution to the FA and the EFL because the money is obscene but Jordans argument of the PL pillaging the EFL doesn't ring true for me, you have to pay for the players, depending on where you put Norwich our last 2 EFL players cost us £60m

Personally I think the answer is a bigger share of the CL money trickling down to the grassroots, the £50m to £100m prize money the 4 clubs will get every year is more damaging and should be shared 

Also, I would argue there are far more academy players being trained up in the PL clubs, getting the best training/coaching available, that end up going to lower leagues on a free/low fee than the other way round.

And if Millwall decide to spend £5m on a Crystal Palace player, that's just their business decision, not Crystal Palace being dicks. 

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

He and Simon Jordan really seem to love the sound of their own voice, but are making valid points to be fair

When you are intelligent, articulate and are fully conversant with your subject matter, as they are.....Its an easy label to cast.

I think both of them have a very reasoning dialogue , when they speak.

I don't think Christian Purslow is man, that has the wool pulled over his eyes very easily.

I think he came across very well on Talk sport.....better than most of our previous CEO's, would have.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Â