Christian Purslow

villan-scott

He looks like a smug tw@! I approve!

My brother's a Liverpool fan and his exact words were "Purse strings?! LOL". Make of that what you will but the scallies don't like him much. I like him already for upsetting those shit houses! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Fantastic appointment. Maybe can secure sponsorship deal other than shit house 32 Red

Good shout!

He got the Yokohama deal for Chelsea no? Hate gambling sponsors for personal reasons, just seems cheap and exploitative.

• Like 3

A well reasoned response from my Liverpool supporting friend - 

To be honest he could thrive there...like I said he’s very well connected and I’d expect him to make progress on better commercial deals. You need a good DoF and a new manager and it might just pay off. I’ll await the news of Damien Commolli joining ?

Maybe we will see another football man appointed of the ilk of Commolli? He also says that Purslow will do well for us ‘if he stays in his lane’. So hopefully he doesn’t dabble to much in football and upset the apple cart. 

6 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

A well reasoned response from my Liverpool supporting friend - 

To be honest he could thrive there...like I said he’s very well connected and I’d expect him to make progress on better commercial deals. You need a good DoF and a new manager and it might just pay off. I’ll await the news of Damien Commolli joining ?

Maybe we will see another football man appointed of the ilk of Commolli? He also says that Purslow will do well for us ‘if he stays in his lane’. So hopefully he doesn’t dabble to much in football and upset the apple cart. 

Agree. Cleary has his expertise and strengths in the commercial side of business so requires a more experienced football operator to balance the board's scope.

8 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Liverpool fans seem to hate him for some reason, but I’m happy to trust the judgement of our two billionaire owners.

Yep, I trust the judgement of NSWE over fans who's parents are probably also their Aunts and Uncles.

The more I look into it the happier I am, as long as he steers clear of what's happening on the pitch (other than sacking Captain drawalot).

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This doesn't strike me as a very inclusive appointment.   Was there not a Buddhist or Sikh Purslow we could have appointed?

No but he’s willing to chop his left leg off if that helps?

12 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Liverpool fans seem to hate him for some reason, but I’m happy to trust the judgement of our two billionaire owners.

Was he there when they spent all that money on the likes of Carroll and Downing? That’ll be why if so.

Â