Christian Purslow

villan-scott

We need Purslow to make big decisions - this is one of them. Can't judge him yet - but I doubt there will be much patience if things go south in any shape whatsoever - will always be told he should have given Smith more time. If it goes right then we all win. 

• Like 2

I said so in another thread but something bothers me about the way Purslow conducts himself. However, I will admit that a lot successful people that I have met in the sporting world are the same and that just because I don't like something doesn't mean its wrong. Lets hope it turns out for the best.

On 08/11/2021 at 15:23, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From Deano himself, and as I suspected.

Will this quell talk that Purslow is some kind of ruthless monster in any way?

I suspect Purslow will have been gutted to have to do this.

The blind disdain for Purslow right now is very strange. Any managerial appointment comes with an inherent risk. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The blind disdain for Purslow right now is very strange. Any managerial appointment comes with an inherent risk. 

Why, we can only summise its was his decision to sack Smith and all the  villa fans I have spoken to think it was premature. Looking at the options, that we appear to have, its a very strange one. 

It's such a gamble he has took with our club and the odds of it being successful are low. 

To me we have lost our club to this decision and, I hope I'm wrong but I see it as the beginning of a dark time for us. 

Edited by tinker
  • Like 2

On 08/11/2021 at 15:23, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From Deano himself, and as I suspected.

Will this quell talk that Purslow is some kind of ruthless monster in any way?

I suspect Purslow will have been gutted to have to do this.

Purslow and the owners backed Smith massively! Most would have pulled the trigger when it looked like we were going down before covid and even after lockdown.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Purslow and the owners backed Smith massively! Most would have pulled the trigger when it looked like we were going down before covid and even after lockdown.

Without veering too off topic. The revisionism needs to stop. The board backed him to the hilt. Purslow strikes me as someone who builds good working relationships with staff. This isn’t the Villa of old. He handled the Grealish saga with class. Sometimes ambitions trump sentimentality. 

• Like 4

Beginning of the end for him imo. Perhaps the rumours of him moving on in the summer are correct after all.

He's done well for the club - and is in a different league to other recent CEOS. But it's all undone if he selects poor managers.

I thought he got lucky with Smith who proved far better than expected. 

Hope he is seeing something I don't in SG.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hippo said:

Beginning of the end for him imo. Perhaps the rumours of him moving on in the summer are correct after all.

He's done well for the club - and is in a different league to other recent CEOS. But it's all undone if he selects poor managers.

I thought he got lucky with Smith who proved far better than expected. 

Hope he is seeing something I don't in SG.

Rumours - when will we learn?

Got lucky - do we give him no credit for anything?

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Maybe try to be a bit more optimistic?

Cheers for that , maybe i will, can you  open your eyes and see what's happened. We lose one of our own after he's performed minor Miracles and had a blip..... We then  sign a "sky big 4 fan boy " who's coming to us for some experience before taking over his beloved lpool, if and when they want him.

You keep happy clapping and I will sulk in the corner. 

On 10/11/2021 at 09:41, hippo said:

I think that you need to provide information about what these rumours are and where they are from.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 07:39, The_Steve said:

Are people really blaming him for sacking DS on this thread?! If you care to look back to 19/20 one image is Purslow coming onto the pitch at Burnley and embracing DS after the win (so I get the feeling he was under big pressure at the time considering Watford and Southampton have just stuffed us) and he was probably trying to keep him in job as much as possible just before lockdown aswell.

I think sacking DS was very much the owners call personally and they've trusted Purslow to pick Gerrard so that's the risk for him now. Gerrard massively flops as manager and we'll be having a new CEO within 2-3 years I imagine.

Â