Christian Purslow

villan-scott

17 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Tbh, the idea that Suso signing Nzonzi or bringing in Javi Gracia would have solved anything is pretty ludicrous, as is the idea that he kept us in the Premier League - not sure Suso comes out of this too well.

However, the major notes of concern for me re Purslow are the fact he sees a completely unproven John Terry as a management option, his involvement in the transfer market (esp. one of our worst ever signings in Drinkwater... and I'm guessing Barkley was his idea too)...

And most importantly, the allegation that he leaks to the papers to undermine other figures in the club.

There are lots of rumours that Gregg Evans's only source within Villa Park is Christian Purslow. Read his stories with that in mind, and it doesn't paint Purslow in a good light.

On the flipside, Purslow has helped turn around this club and you can't fault the work he's done around the youth setup. Overall I see him as a key figure in our recent success, but he needs to stick to what he's good at.

Re your last 2 paragraphs.

Just listened to the Athletics Villa Pod with Bardell and Gregg Evans.

He is suggesting the pressure is real.

The Purslow notions are a bit concerning, if he is the one who really lacks creativity .

If he is great at overall business management, finance etc, but shit at Footballing decisions, yet wants to control them, it's not good.

Wouldn't there be a point where the majority owners seek advice, or blog CK things they feel are ultimately bad decisions though?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, VillaChris said:

He got the last managerial appointment spot on.

Simply has to do the same again but task is much harder.

They’ve all been made to look half decent because of Grealish, don’t kid yourself otherwise.

• Like 1

He's in for quite the weekend here - he'll potentially be sacking a manager he's worked well with and then having to phone the owners and letting them know that it ain't just the manager - we're another £300m away from competing for Europe.

• Like 1

the day jack left you posted a video about ambition of getting villa playing European football,

you painted a vision & a model of ASTON VILLA moving forward.

after another bad fun villa are now poised to drop into the relegation places .

do you think the manager is still the right man after the investment of multi millions spent in the summer ?

9 hours ago, VillaJay said:

Pressure on him now, he needs to make a couple of big decisions quickly and ensure he gets them right.

He possibly will be making them sooner than later if last night's result was anything to go by.

I fear some of the descisions might not be welcomed by all the Villa fans though.

Time will tell.

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

What questions would you ask him out of interest? Honest question.

Why did we spend £100m in the summer without addressing the Midfield problem.  Games are won and lost in here and we chose to neglect it, again!

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

Why did we spend £100m in the summer without addressing the Midfield problem.  Games are won and lost in here and we chose to neglect it, again!

Probably because once we sold Grealish clubs were fully aware of the income and so inflated rates. ESR, JWP etc all circa £50m 

• Like 1

We did try and strengthen the CM with JWP the big target. There were links to others that didn't happen either. Now this is a failure on the people involved, but the failure is not that they didn't see that it was an issue, they knew that full well.

The failure was not getting the deals done. Be it due to unreasonable prices or uninterested targets doesn't much matter now. Don't buy into the idea that the club wanted to test Smith by holding back funds (and in doing so risked their previous investments, current progress and future of the club) setting him up to fail so they could replace him. Sounds too fanciful to me.

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I dont think a single DM signing would have changed where we are today. We have changed system and it doesnt work. 

We changed system in order to fit Watkins and Ings in and if what I have heard is true this is down to Purslow wanting Ings to soften the blow of Grealish leaving. We have bigger issues than the manager if this is the case.

• Like 4

Just now, AVTuco said:

Is he responsible for the 100 m release clause in Jack's contract? If he is, he's in trouble.

Why? It got us £100m for a player that we’d otherwise have been lucky to get half of that for. He wasn’t signing a long term contract without that clause. 

• Like 1

Â