Christian Purslow

villan-scott

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Be a sad day if he moved on Imo. Considering what went before, Faulkner, Wyness, Tom Fox.

He's in a different league to those turkeys !

If he were to move on, I could see it more being something like, him moving over to the USA to take charge of building up the Vegas Villans 😎, and leaving us in brilliant hands, still with some say so on how we run.

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:
  • Sacked bruce, appointed deano
  • As the head of the recruitment team and chief negotiator, assembled a squad capable of a) getting promoted, b) staying up, c) achieving mid table league status. All whilst remaining compliant with FFP
  • Negotiated huge buy out clause for our best player, yet still tried to grab more money out of city in spite of that
  • Delivered a video message upon Grealish's departure with unprecedented transparency that received universal praise from the football world
  • Spoke well regarding the scum 6 superleague, calling it 'grotesque' on national radio. Again, universally praised for how he came across
  • He's not just CEO, he's actually got financial investment within the club. He's more than just an employee

Might not seem exceptional...do we need a CEO to be 'exceptional' anyway? we just need them to do a half decent job...considering what utter bellends we've had in recent years, i'd be gutted if Purslow left

Great post btw

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

A few things Purslow has done that haven't been mentioned

- Successfully and in a compliant way sold Villa Park to an NSWE holding company

- Agreed with and persuaded NSWE to invest the funds they have done since acquisition, NSWE would have had to be sold on the plan and strategy

- Managed the dilution of Xia's shares to the extent that he is no longer a shareholder

- Managed the reorganisation of the company structure and ownership (which has been extensive)

- Completely changed the senior management team

- Increased non footballing commercial revenue

- Hasn't appointed Tim Sherwood as our manager.

Edited by El-Reacho
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If he were to move on, I could see it more being something like, him moving over to the USA to take charge of building up the Vegas Villans 😎, and leaving us in brilliant hands, still with some say so on how we run.

If NSWE wanted him to help build Vegas Villans I would think it more likely that he keeps his role at Villa and would have the CEO of Vegas Villans report into him. AVFC is the more important brand and club and I would think he would be kept were it is most important.

I would think Newcastle would love him but he has golden handcuffs on. He 'only' earns about 440k a year in salary (as of 2019) but he has an equity in Aston Villa. It would be reasonable to assume that he didn't buy into the club and that he was awarded shares. These shares are most likely time based before he can realise their value and you normally need to be still an employee to get your annual allotment of shares. I would think it would take an awful lot to tempt him away from Villa

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

He 'only' earns about 440k a year in salary (as of 2019) but he has an equity in Aston Villa. It would be reasonable to assume that he didn't buy into the club and that he was awarded shares. These shares are most likely time based before he can realise their value and you normally need to be still an employee to get your annual allotment of shares. I would think it would take an awful lot to tempt him away from Villa

Peasant GIF | Gfycat

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Liverpool fans hated him and was desperate for him to get out.

Christian Purslow symbolized their toxic period.

I don’t know about that but I guess the point I was making was CEO’s are either what’s expected or incompetent. If they are incompetent then you have to look at the people recruiting them and it soon makes sense. If Purslow goes I very much doubt he gets replaced with a Fox.

9 minutes ago, est1874 said:

🙄 insightful.

Well your clearly deliberately ignoring all the great work he does. This is the most important off the field position at the club and he's doing a brilliant job. Jesus when you look at the under qualified and the chancers we've had running our club into the ground for the last 15 years.  If you can't see it you need your eyes testing. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He did appoint Hodgson at Liverpool. That was a strange one to be honest. 

IMO, that was inspired. Purslow was tasked with selling Liverpool. What better manager could you get that would keep the ship afloat and not ask for money to spend

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Liverpool fans hated him and was desperate for him to get out.

Christian Purslow symbolized their toxic period.

CP symbolised the man that managed to sell Liverpool at a profit to the sellers while getting great new buyers. The job of a CEO!

19 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

IMO, that was inspired. Purslow was tasked with selling Liverpool. What better manager could you get that would keep the ship afloat and not ask for money to spend

Fair point. As I said before, my thoughts on Purslow are not because I don’t  rate him or what he has done. It’s just not something fans need to be concerned about IMO.

• Like 1

Â