Christian Purslow

villan-scott

I said even before the Southampton game and then again as recently as an hour before the sacking was announced today that it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to let Dean go without a replacement ready to go. I'd have expected no less from the uber-polished Purslow. Readers of this thread will know I'm not his biggest fan but I'd have at least expected him to cover his arse and have sent out feelers already.

If he hasn't..... oh boy.

Edited by est1874

It amazes me how many people on here have access to the minutes of board meetings and recruitment committee minutes. They must just leave them hanging about for so many to know for a fact who did what. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It amazes me how many people on here have access to the minutes of board meetings and recruitment committee minutes. They must just leave them hanging about for so many to know for a fact who did what. 

There’s plenty of gossiping and briefing of journalists that happens behind the scenes. We can’t be certain of anything, but pretending everyone is totally in the dark is also wrong.

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

There’s plenty of gossiping and briefing of journalists that happens behind the scenes. We can’t be certain of anything, but pretending everyone is totally in the dark is also wrong.

OK so let's see the newspaper reports that state Purslow did these things.  Not some Twitter rumour that's now become fact, the actual newspaper reports. 

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think that the TEAMs type video from Purslow in the summer was done very well. We had lost our best player and lets face it the fanbase were gutted on the whole. It was PR lifted straight from the Moneyball film when they replaced their best player with 3 others. It calmed the large majority and with Ings joining really helped alleviate some of the gloom.

Purslow has reigned it in a lot from the rentaquote he was initially when he joined . 

He has also handled todays sacking well with some decent words and the thanks for everything video. 

His job is to manage the day to day running of the club whilst implementing the owners vision. They have delivered big time with huge investment on and off the pitch. The only thing missing is the results over this calendar year for the first team to keep pace with the investment.  The horrible thing has been how quick it fell apart. The results and form came out of nowhere. Watching him celebrate after we beat Manure was wonderful and it mirrored i guess every other villa fan getting a win against the bogey team of bogey teams. 

I dont think you can blame Purslow for this . He unfortuanately has been found out while suffering injuries and illness and losing his righthand men.  But his job is to deliver results and he has not managed results. He left Purlsow with no option and i believe it is the right decision

You let the most successful villa coaching set up for 10 years crumble...really shouldn't be too surprised what followed.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sidcow said:

OK so let's see the newspaper reports that state Purslow did these things.  Not some Twitter rumour that's now become fact, the actual newspaper reports. 

Which specific things do you think aren't true? Sorry, lots of different stuff been mentioned in the thread, and some of it is corroborated by newspaper reports, whilst other bits aren't.

(Genuine question.)

I'll have serious reservations about his involvement in the football stuff if we recruit a personal connection of his with little experience and track record. 

You recruit Lange and presumably a team of analysts to shortlist. 

22 minutes ago, Dale said:

I'll have serious reservations about his involvement in the football stuff if we recruit a personal connection of his

Unless it’s Ancelotti from when Purslow was consulting for Paris St-Germain between Liverpool and Chelsea…

(I know I cut off the important part of your sentence to make a bad joke).

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

I said even before the Southampton game and then again as recently as an hour before the sacking was announced today that it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to let Dean go without a replacement ready to go. I'd have expected no less from the uber-polished Purslow. Readers of this thread will know I'm not his biggest fan but I'd have at least expected him to cover his arse and have sent out feelers already.

If he hasn't..... oh boy.

Agree, but even if he's already got someone lined up, which i think he has, he wont admit that publicly

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I don't get this mentality by posters (Not just aimed at you) but if there is someone or more than one person sharing info, why do they suddenly have to be attention seeking, bullshitting or whatever?

This mentality by a certain few posters on here baffles me.

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Correct.

Snippets of info are passed on and around in different circles all the time.

From Kit launches to players arriving, Potential managers to new sponsorships.

It's really not surprising that football related info is shared amongst peers in this day and age. I really don't understand why so many posters get so bent out of shape about it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't get this mentality by posters (Not just aimed at you) but if there is someone or more than one person sharing info, why do they suddenly have to be attention seeking, bullshitting or whatever?

This mentality by a certain few posters on here baffles me.

Correct.

Snippets of info are passed on and around in different circles all the time.

From Kit launches to players arriving, Potential managers to new sponsorships.

It's really not surprising that football related info is shared amongst peers in this day and age. I really don't understand why so many posters get so bent out of shape about it.

Really? 

Well it baffles me how so many people read stuff on the Internet and just believe it's true to such an extent that they presume someone guilty of poor behaviour on the basis of zero evidence other than rumour.

It's like 18th century witch trials. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Really? 

Well it baffles me how so many people read stuff on the Internet and just believe it's true to such an extent that they presume someone guilty of poor behaviour on the basis of zero evidence other than rumour.

It's like 18th century witch trials. 

That's up to them though isn't it, surely?

If they are not clever enough to know real news from fake news then that's their problem?

Â