John McGinn

PompeyVillan

I have to say, I am very very impressed. Grealish at the moment cannot hold a candle to McGinn, he is excellent. By far our best player. As keyblade said - absolute steal. 

I am really optimistic for the future. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Some of his passing and decision making was off in the first half but was terrific in the second half, right now he is by far our best player. 

Agree with this. Gave ball away but too much first half (but was winning a lot of challenges as well). Second half he was magnificent.

Played well, the way he uses his body (arse) to shield the ball is superb. A couple of times could’ve moved the ball quicker and been better in distribution but still clear MOTM.

Harsh booking for me, and will be a big loss on Tuesday 

His performance levels dropped the last games, so it was wonderful to see him back with the same spark that he had the first games. So important for us, the complete midfielder.

I remember one of the gentle Hibs supporters who came on tho the forum said he had the "strongest bum" he had seen, or something like that. I thought it soundes funny at the time but now I understrand what he meant! He makes these kind of Ice Hockey bum-tackles all the time, and has an impressive ability to protect the ball, also with his arse! 

Immense today. He stole everything and utterly bossed the midfield. If he made an error he rectified it quickly. My MOTM today. Shame about the (harsh) booking, but our backup options should be fine. He'll be right back to beast mode for Friday's game.

3 hours ago, hippo said:

MOTM today - sure a few errors with distribution - but equally he recovered so many times from impossible situations... 

He’s almost at his best when he loses possession. You know he’ll do everything to win it back. Winning the ball the way he does is a serious talent. If he’d have banged that chance in rather than pelt it into the Holte it would have been a solid 10. As it was it was a 9.5. He was absolutely fantastic today can’t say anything more. 

Â