John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Inconsistent performance from him today. Went from brilliant passes to bad awareness and losing the ball on numerous occasions. Not his best game i thought.

Definitely not his best game - but brings so much to the midfield.  Shame his set pieces weren't good tonight.

He is absolutely relentless. If he has to run half the pitch to contest a possession he will, time and again.

If you get beat by your man and McGinn is next up, he got your back.

Decent delivery and passing ability.

Very happy to have him in the team right now.

• Like 2

I thought he was extremely untidy in possession far too often, whether this was poor decision making or just poor distribution. However he still brought a lot of energy, drive and a couple of moments of quality to the table. He's extremely important for us, but looks a player who every couple of matches might struggle to be on point with his 'radar'.

First game I have seen him play since leaving.

Thought he had an OK game with his usual robust style......that will get him into the refs book from time to time!  Didn't influence the game as mush as Grealish who to me had a good game, and at times it seemed to pass him by. He kept up the intensity and fight for the team as expected right till the end.

Interesting to see that you have him as a corner taker from the right...........we didn't do that in the end as too many were very "floaty" and it was hard for forwards to generate the necessary power onto the ball to put a decent effort on goal. He hit a couple of good set pieces into dangerous areas though.

Villa unlucky not to take something from the game........hopefully Terry will sort the defense out sooner rather than later as there are some tough games coming up before the transfer window opens.

• Like 1

top performance, lad has some energy. The goal he nearly scored summed him up. Won the ball halfway, beat 2 players then laid it off. 5 seconds later he nearly gets on end of a rebound in the box

lad is a machine

24 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Has such a unique and instantly recognisable body shape/movement, whether it is with us or not, he will go prem league in his career. 

I have absolutely no idea how he keeps the ball sometimes, he should lose it but bends over double and the opponents just can't get near the ball. I've never seen anything like it. 

Â