John McGinn

PompeyVillan

I like McGinn and think he brings a lot to the team, but given how so many pundits were saying what an absolute bargain he was, I have been somewhat disappointed in his quality on the ball to be honest. I guess he shut me up today, but until he starts getting more shots on target I think i'm going to consider that a bit of a fluke!

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, poitier said:

I like McGinn and think he brings a lot to the team, but given how so many pundits were saying what an absolute bargain he was, I have been somewhat disappointed in his quality on the ball to be honest. I guess he shut me up today, but until he starts getting more shots on target I think i'm going to consider that a bit of a fluke!

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, Dick said:

A lot of our players struggle to play a passing game. Get a coach in who can get to work on the training ground, not the old?, "got wor boots on"

I dont even think its that complicated. Whelan, Hourihane, Grealish, Bjarnason, Lansbury, McGinn all seem capable of holding the ball and pass it around but I think our manager is the opposite

That was a sweet goal and one to be remembered for a very long time. There's just something special about a goal when it goes in off the underside of the crossbar. The swerve on it as well just made it that little bit more spectacular. Well done JM!

My favourite goals from Villa Park have to be Saunders' long range effort and McInally v Millwall - both stunning goals too!

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Nope - and I can't believe I get to post it. At least as far as goals that TV cameras have caught this is the best goal and football I've ever seen a Villa team play.

Funnily enough against Sheffield Wednesday too. We certainly wor our boots on that day......

If only.. Shows just how far we have dropped. Love that league table at the end... Pundits - 'villa are playing some lovley stuff!' 

Depressing

Edited by richp999

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Why has he been taken off corners and free kicks?  His delivery was excellent from the couple of games he was allowed to take them!  Another reason to have a go at the manager!

I said this everytime Hourihane blasted a corner over everyone's heads yesterday. He was putting corners and free-kicks on peoples heads for fun in the first couple of games and now we've changed it back to the same crap we had last season.

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Nope - and I can't believe I get to post it. At least as far as goals that TV cameras have caught this is the best goal and football I've ever seen a Villa team play.

Funnily enough against Sheffield Wednesday too. We certainly wor our boots on that day......

Just look at the intensity and how quick and fast we play.  Players receive the ball, immediately look up, moves the ball on as quickly as possible. Player receiving the ball moves towards the ball, gets ball out of his feet, immediately knows what he wants to do, looks up, sees a player moving, and passes it quickly.

Revolutionary stuff this. Oh wait, this was 20 years ago.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Just look at the intensity and how quick and fast we play.  Players receive the ball, immediately look up, moves the ball on as quickly as possible. Player receiving the ball moves towards the ball, gets ball out of his feet, immediately knows what he wants to do, looks up, sees a player moving, and passes it quickly.

Revolutionary stuff this. Oh wait, this was 20 years ago.

Imagine I nearly forgot how a good team can actually make you feel

Â